Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding Dress style vs. Bridesmaid style?

My wedding Dress is a Halter, Do you think If I went with a V neck style for bridesmaid dresses, itll clash? I keep looking at halter dresses to try to match my wedding dress, but I like the V neck as well? Just wanted to know if any of you girls did this or have any input? Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress style vs. Bridesmaid style?

• i think it'll look fine! The necklines seem like they'd actually complement eachother. it depends how "matchy" you want to get, but I've seen pics of BMs in dresses that really didn't match the style of the bride's dress, and it still looks fine altogether. All eyes will be on YOU either way! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wedding-dress-style-vs-bridesmaid-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:8cef1648-f21f-44b3-8525-613c037d1804Post:04d460be-868b-41c2-bdf4-1ef51421759b">Re: Wedding Dress style vs. Bridesmaid style?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not necessary to have the bridesmaid dresses mirror the style of your wedding dress.  What is more important is that the dresses work well together in terms of the degree of formality.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

This.

My BM dresses ended up having a similar neckline as mine and are long/formal, but other than that, the style is very different.
    Anniversary
  • It doesn't matter, but just to choose the right color and fit your wedding theme.
  • My dress is a scalloped sweetheart neckline and my girls are in halters. They look fine together. As long as you aren't in some huge puffy gown and they are all in cocktail dresses :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards