Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Nephew Dance

My Father is no longer with us so I can not have a Father/Dtr Dance....Instead I am having an Auntie/Nephew Dance.  Could you please suggest a song we can dance to?  I have Nephews and Great Nephews ranging from 1 1/2 yrs old to 26 yrs old.  Thank you

Re: Nephew Dance

• I am dancing with all of them......We dont wanna leave these dances out. 
  • I want 2 songs.....One for the Nephew that is a Marine and will be walking down the isle...He is also my God Son and the 2nd will be for the other 6 of them.....They will be cutting in on each other. 
  • Ditto PP -- that does not sound like a good time for your guests. You could always just dance with them at some point in the night without clearing the dance floor and making all of your guests watch. If you're going to do it, though -- maybe ask them if there's anything they would like. Do you have a special song that means something to you? Even if it's not traditional, like a goofy song you sang with them when they were young?
  • My brother's wife did three (THREE!) dances, one with her father, one with her Godfather, and one with her Uncle. It was awful. I mean, I love her and all, but we all thought it was pretentios and over the top. It would have been neat if they cut in on the same song, but 3 songs x 4 minutes = 12 minutes I was hanging out at the beer cooler.
  • I will be dancing with my adult nephew and 2 brothers to the same song...1 dance. They will cut in on each other. I chose there you'll be by Faith Hill. I thought it was perfect. My father is no longer with me and my nephew and 2 brothers have really helped fill that gap. It is a beautiful song. I hope you will like it as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards