Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Lake Charles??

Is anyone here familiar with the Lake Charles area? Or somewhere close by, like Sulphur? If so, I need some ideas for places to hold our wedding. I need a nice outdoor location for the ceremony and somewhere inside for the reception. We are on a tight budget so it can't cost a ridiculous amount.  TIA!!

Re: Lake Charles??

• edited December 2011
    I have a friend getting married in jennings. Is that close enough? If so, I can find out some details from her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Big, big like the moon...
  • NicoleS2106NicoleS2106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! That'd be great, thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    It's called point aux loups ball room. She says you can google it and find lots of great pictures.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Big, big like the moon...
  • NicoleS2106NicoleS2106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! The place looks amazing! I'll definitely look into it.
  • Km_sonnierKm_sonnier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so I am very late on replying to this and you probably have already found a reception venue but I actually live here in Lake Charles, and my Fiance is from Sulphur too. Our reception is being held at Treasure's of Marilyn's on 5th Avenue, it worked out well for me and my mom because they are doing the catering, setting up the hall, as well as cleaning up, the flowers, alll the decorations, and also we hired our wedding cordinator from there. My only concern I had there was the fact they booked a reception only 2 hours after our ends, but other than that they were awesome. Plus you tell them what your budget is and they will work around it. Hope everything works out for you!
  • edited December 2011
    im getting married in Sulphur on October 30th. we are getting married at Chateau de Bon Reve. which is just like 5 mins north of sulphur. its kinda outdoors-y but still has the option of useing the banquet hall in case of bad weather

www.castlelouisiana.com/
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend got married there in 2008. It was very nice.
  • spaceyjaayspaceyjaay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear the Prien Lake Park is nice, I haven't been able to check it out yet,
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_lake-charles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:5741fbd4-4172-4fc0-b148-df14662619fdPost:931149c9-7351-4903-9b0c-69ebe0a9c367">Re: Lake Charles??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hear the Prien Lake Park is nice, I haven't been able to check it out yet,
    Posted by spaceyjaay[/QUOTE]
    It is really nice but I had friend go check it out the other day and it's booked until Jan.
  • leslieannlsuleslieannlsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live in Lake Charles... Prien Lake Park is very nice. I have been to two events there - one was just the wedding reception (the couple was married in Key West and had their hometown reception there.) There are two rooms in the building and they used both for their event. I also went to a wedding there where they used one room for the ceremony and the second room for the reception - I thought it was a little cramped doing it this way but you may have a small wedding and it would work. I have also heard of people who have gotten married outside by the water (there is a nice ampitheater where you can do this) and then had the reception inside. Here is the website if you'd like some more info: http://www.cppj.net/index.aspx?page=450

Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards