Georgia-Atlanta
Options

i think i found my photographer....

So i think we finally have narrowed it down to an actual choice, lol. She has our date available and we're meeting with her tomorrow to discuss everything. If everything goes well at the meeting, we are prepared to go ahead and book her, but im still so nervous about it. theres just something about dropping that much money that makes me anxious.
So has anyone used Kelly Embry Photography? Did you have any likes/dislikes?
If not, would you take a look at her site and tell me what you think? I know i love her photography, i just feel like i need further validation before i spend the money, ya know?

oh, lol...... her site is www.kellyembryweddings.com

Thanks!!!!

Re: i think i found my photographer....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like some of her work, some of the pictures look too posed and have a yellowish tint. But she does good work it seems, I like more for my money though. 

I am using Premier Wedding Photography. I really like Chris's work, his photographs are awesome in my opinion. I am a big artistic fan and he does just that. I also get an engagement shoot and the rights to all of my pictures. I think his prices are reasonable. His website is chrisbrock.org, if K.E. Photography doesn't work you should check him out!  I hope this helps! Good luck with everything. (:
  • Options
    mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone heard of Sublime Photography? They were recommended by a close friend and wedding planner.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    cat1979cat1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the yellowish tint youre seeing, im not seeing that at all (and my monitors are all color calibrated since im a graphic designer). You might want to check your monitors color settings.
    I dont like his work at all. His lighting is really off, and a lot of his pictures look muddy. In my opinion, his pictures are rather boring and not very creative at all. Also, the low quality of his website kind of bothers me (but i think thats my inner graphic designer talking, lol).
    Also, Kelly Embry's giving us a free engagement session and all her packages include "personal usage rights" with the high res images. We have a budget of $4000 for photography, so im not really worried about finding a bargain quality photographer. i mean we only get one shot at our wedding pictures. I don't really want to chance it with a cheapo photographer.
    But, I really do appriciate your input jessica!! Thanks!
  • Options
    lavalorelavalore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im using kelly embry also!!
    i lovelovelove her photography. we are doing our engagement shoot with her next month and i am sooooo excited! she really is a great find... but obviously i am a little biased :)
  • Options
    adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like her pictures but don't love them.  I met with about eight photographers and looked at a zillion pictures online, so I've gotten more and more picky...

I say if you love her work and like her when you meet her, and you like the terms of the agreement, then go with it.  I would just advise you to make sure you see a full wedding and not just highlights.  Seeing full weddings really helped in making my decision. 
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_think-found-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:bb164511-1da6-4ebd-9d23-a70f09e414f7Post:af8dafcd-9a60-4675-aba8-47a377ce747e">Re: i think i found my photographer....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like some of her work, some of the pictures look too posed  But she does good work it seems, I like more for my money though.  Posted by jessica*ashley[/QUOTE]

This.  For the amount of money she charges I would be expecting a bit more.  I couldn't do it.
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, you gotta just go with your gut. Photography, much like anything else is really dependant on your style and taste. "One mans trash is another mans treasure". If you like her pictures, I would just try and research her professionalism and reputation. GL and HTH!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    cat1979cat1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @adrianzbride : she said she has a full wedding that we can view at our meeting. ive seen this mentioned on many boards/posts, so it is on my checklist.

@bbyckes : her rates seem to be on par with a lot of Atlanta photographers, shes actually a bit lower than some of the others we were looking at. but then again we're not looking for a "budget photographer", because as artists ourselves, the photography is really important to us.
    also, we're getting a free engagement session with our package as well. so i think its a pretty good deal.

@my_matt: I do have a good feeling about her. i've spoke to her on the phone and exchanged several emails and she has ben really friendly and helpful. She has great reviews on Weddingwire and ive been asking around on the forums and have heard only good things from the people who actually used her. Plus in my opinion she is really professional, not like all the "i have a camera so i must be a professional photographer" types. She is a legally registered business, has liability insurance and has a photography degree. these we're all really important points for us cause we didnt want to get stuck with the drama of a "fake" professional photographer. 

• Options
    HannahTMooreHannahTMoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like you already have your mind up about your photographer- so it shouldn't matter what others think about her - you shouldn't have to argue for your photographer though  - just book her - seems like you want to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAYAY! Good for you! Photography is one of the things I was the MOST excited about!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards