New Jersey

Dress Cleaning and Preservation

Do any of you ladies know of a good place to get your wedding dress cleaned and preserved? I am in the central NJ area, but will be willing to travel based on recommendations and pricing.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Cleaning and Preservation

• I sent mine to my bridal shop and they sent it to the Wedding Gown Preservation Company. It just came back about two months later and I am happy with it. It is a few hundred dollars.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I did mine through Affordable Preservation Company and I cannot say enough good things about the process and how great it came out. I heard most Bridal Stores ship it out anyway. This is the website -->  http://www.affordablepreservation.com/

It was reasonablly priced and if you purchase the kit on Small Business Saturday - which is next month - on your amex card - you'll get $25 off the purchase! That is when I bought mine last year. 

When you purchase the kit they send you the box with all the tags to mark up where it is stained, etc. And then when they send it back, it comes in a shipping box, then a carrying box and then the display box which you can see the dress in. It looks really good. 

I know friends that just took it to the dry cleaner and they put it in a box you can't even see. And I checked on wedding wire, and there only 5.0 positive ratings. I would def highly recommend them!!! 
  • Thanks so much ladies! I really appreciate it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I brought mine to the local dry cleaners that I use. They did it in-house, but I know that if you bring it to many cleaners they will send it out to have it done somewhere else. I think it just depends on wether they have the machine to do it not. Mine was about $250. They should be able to give you a price when you bring it in. I've been told it sometimes costs more if it's a very elaborate dress. 

When was finished it was in a big cardboard box that was sealed up with packing tape and you can't see the dress. Inside that box is another box that has the clear window and you can see everything. It's just incased further for even more protection. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i bought the one from davids bridal for $99 before tax.  they send you the box, you send them the dress and they clean, preserve it and send back to you.  the process wasn't long at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards