Second Weddings
Options

HI

I'm a previous knottie with my first marriage that thankfully didn't work out. it wasn't ment to be. I have met the real man of my dreams now and we are planning to get married late fall early winter this year. We are both going on our second marriage and thinking the courthouse with just the 2 of us is the way to go. We definately don't want a big stressful to do. option 2 is a small immediate family only probably backyard wedding and keep it simple that way. I'm only leaning towards that b/c i think it might be nice to find a dress and get some pictures of us together getting married. But I dont want it to turn into our families wedding and not ours. Any suggestions or advice?
We both agree the simpler the better.
If you went to the courthouse to get married what would you or what are you wearing?

Re: HI

• Options
    Welcome to the board!  DH and I did something similar to your option #1, he had never been married and wanted a beach wedding.  I have a grown daugter from my first marriage, but we decided to have it just the two of us.  It was very romantic, and we were able to have the ceremony with wording of our choice without worrying about what others thought.  He's an extreme introvert, and that also played into our decision.  Plus, we were able to say things to one another that we wouldn't have said if there had been an audience. 

See siggy pic for what we wore: I wore a Grecian inspired dress with an arm band, and silver barefoot sandals, and he wore linen pants and shirt, no shoes. 

The officiant was also our photographer, and our pics are much better than a lot of the formal wedding pics I've seen.  It was great fun, we got dressed together, etc. which made it even better. 

It wasn't entirely stressless, I could never find a dress I loved, I hated my hair trial and make up so I ended up doing it all myself.  The day we got married I discovered that my identity had been stolen and my bank account emptied, but that was an aside.  :-P 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    We went to the courthouse.  I wore a nice summer outfit - capris and a sleeveless "fancy" tank-type thing from Chico's.  I dressed it up with jewelry and sandals.  H wore khaki's and a silk short sleeved shirt.

We did have a small reception 2 days later at a local golf course.  I wore a sundress and H wore (again khaki's) and a silk Hawaiian shirt.  it was all pretty casual.

But I have to say at the courthouse we saw everything from couples in full bridal attire to a couple in t-shirts and flip-flops, and there was everything in between.  But most popular seemed to be what we were wearing - kind of a business casual/Friday at the office casual attire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards