Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Makeup Artists?

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering who you used or are using for your makeup? How much are you paying?  I just got a quote from someone who I know is very reliable but it's a lot more expensive than I thought!

Re: Makeup Artists?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Kim, who works with Erin at Artworx. I LOVED my makeup. I didn't have a trial with Kim, but she completely got it right away and it is my favorite I've ever had my makeup. It was pretty natural, but more glamorous without looking phony on me, since I rarely wear a lot of makeup. I think it was something like $50 for bridesmaid and 65 or 100 for the bride-- I know that's a big range, but it was all a blur that morning! She did my MOH's makeup too, and she liked it better than the makeup she had for her own wedding. It stayed all night, too, not getting shiny until the afterparty, and I was dancing and sweating a lot :)

Also, I thought Erin did a wonderful job on hair, if you are looking for that too.
  • Options
    shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Karen's MOH, about how much was Artworx for your hair & bridesmaids? I was thinking of using her and was curious :)
    bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to say my hair was $100 or $125, which included the trial (the payment for the trial was 50 or 75 and that was really a deposit for the wedding day). The bridesmaids for either $50 or 65. Both the BMs hair came out really well. It's possible her prices have changes for next year, but when I was looking she was definitely the most affordable, especially for the bride. BM prices were closer to the norm I was finding in the area.

Both Erin and Kim were so nice, which was awesome for feeling comfortable the morning of the wedding. And it was great to have them come to the house. Kim usually will only come for makeup if there are 3 or more of you getting it done, but she came for me with just me and MOH for makeup. That may have been because it was October and getting into their slower season though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check with Christine Sweeney at Hair essentials in Falmouth if you are on that end of the Cape... They did a great job for a friend of mine and is super sweet... and did come to their hotel...508-540-0080
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Artworx
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Melissa Ramona who is the manager of Origins in Mashpee. She came to my hair salon and Dennis and did my makeup for about $100 for me (but that includes coming to my house for 2 trials and day of the wedding), and maybe $25 each for my bridesmaids and my mom.

You can email her at mar8353@yahoo.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards