Students

Anyone else the same year as their future hubby?

I was lucky enough to find the love of my life freshman year of high school. We are the same age, actually only 11 days apart. It sounds like many of you are marrying someone a few years older. Is anyone else having to deal with the issues of being in the same year?

Right before we get married we will both be graduating, job hunting, looking for an apartment together, and purchasing our first car. I'd just like to know that I'm not completely alone.

Re: Anyone else the same year as their future hubby?

• Oh yes, my FI and I met our freshman year of college.
    We will be getting married next year, in our junior year.
  • My FI and I are the same age (he's actually 6 months younger) but I took two years off while he was in college and worked/ got the rest of our shiznit together (he also worked part-time).  I took some classes, but it stared as medical leave and just turned out to be a good way for us to do things.  He makes more money than I will, so now that he's graduated and working I can go to school and do my unpaid internship and we're financially okay.  Now I can go to vet or med school, and he can go back for his PhD when I'm done :-)

I think that if your parents are helping support you in college or you're making it work to have a job and be in school, it's awesome and you're really lucky to both be graduating at the same time!  I will say that it was a lot easier to find housing when one of us had more extra time, and finding a job is less stressful if only one of you is looking and the other is making some money, but I don't think it's impossible!  Another intern in my lab just got married, they're both 20, in their junior year, and working hard to keep it together but it is working!!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • yup! :) we met our freshman year of college! He is getting is masters though so we arent getting married until after that unless he gets an awesome scholarship and they let him teach undergrads and pay him for it. So I will be out of school and on my own and working for two years before we get married. Which I think will be less stressful for us. I would be way stressed if i was graduating, planning a wedding, finding somewhere to live and looking for a job all at the same time as he was. But i stress out easily.
  • edited December 2009
    when i transferred to my current college after two years at another, i was put back into the sophomore class, putting me into the class of 2011.  FI was initially in the class of 2010, too, but since he had to take a semester-long medical leave of absence his freshman year, he is now taking an extra semester and will graduate with the class of 2011, with me. so we're both in the same class and will apply to grad school at the same time, though he'll no longer be at the college in spring of 2011 (just will come back in may for graduation).
  • We started out the same year (we met freshman year of college, too), but I had some setbacks and now I'm two years behind him in graduate school.  At this point, it doesn't make too much difference though, as long as we aren't both doing our candidacy exams or defending our theses right around the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah We are same year too!  We are getting married just before the start of our senior year. We are very nervous about the whole transistion.
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We met in high school and were both homeschooled. He is a year and a half older than me but because I skipped a grade and he took a year off after high school, we're the same year in college now. We're getting married the summer before our Junior year (July 2010), so wedding planning will definitely be hard during school this next semester...
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • You're not alone! We're both seniors in college. We'll be graduating just 3 weeks before our wedding this June. I definitely underestimated how crazy it is to do all of this at once. It's pretty stressful both looking for jobs and finishing up school at the same time. I am glad we at least have already lived together for a couple years, so that transition will be a little easier. It's just crazy having everything so up in the air right now, but I know it'll all work out =)
  • Oh yes!  He is 35 days younger than I am.

We met, actually, in elementary school.  Part of me knew he was the one then.  I guess you could say he was my first crush.

Didn't see eachother much again until junior year of high school.  Started dating when I was a senior, and the rest is history.
  • yep! he is 7mo younger than me.   I am getting an "extra" degree as well so I am in school and he is in the real world already!  I am getting married a week and a half after I graduate so it is going to be insane that I know, but I did it that way so my family (sister w/ 4 kids) didnt have to travel so close together. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • My FI is actually 8 years older than I am! Plus, he went to grad school right after college, I took a few years off and I'm doing an MA before my PhD (he went right to PhD). So he got his PhD in 2001, I'll get mine in 2016. It's cool, though, because he knows exactly what I am going through and is very, very supportive.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Nope! FI is four years older than me... but he wishes he was the same year as me! Whenever age pops up, he says that he's 22. I go along with it til I realize "Wait- you're 25, dummy! You're in such denial!"

He went back to school though, so we'll both be graduating in May 2012. (:
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • My fiance is 4 years older than I am, but he took a year off of school & did two years of junior college before transferring to a university (a university 100 miles away from mine, I might add!).

We'll both be graduating this December and getting married in January!
  • I'm in like the same situation. My FI and I meet freshman year of highschool and started going out then. We will both be graduating this spring from college. It is a lot all at once. Graduating from college, house hunting, wedding planning, and looking for our first real jobs together. I think everything will work out in the end. Afterall everything works out in the end and if it hasn't worked out then it's not the end...
  • Nope! My FI is 6 years older than I am... When we get married in May, he will be 28, I will be 22.
  • Well, kind of. We were the same year when we met, but I graduated a semester early (this december). He's graduating in May, going to law school in August, and will be done with the first year when we get married.
  • FI and I are the same age, he's about a month older than me. We met freshman year of college but didn't start dating until the end of sophomore year. We're both third year law students now, graduating in May, getting married in May, studying for the bar exam after that, bar exam in July, and if we're lucky we'll have jobs lined up after that, but as of now we're both looking for jobs.  I just can't get myself to focus on school work anymore (7 years of school is waaaay too long).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards