Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Paying photographer to travel.

I know many photographers charge travel expenses, a photographer i'm considering is 80 miles away and charges $200 extra for travel.

Does that sound right?

Re: Paying photographer to travel.

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a good distance away. About 1 and 1/2 hours if it's all highway travel. They have to pay for gas for the car and time spent traveling. Is this a flat rate they charge? If you feel it's to much are they willing to do it for slightly less?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, it's straight highway travel, just to Beaumont.

I haven't spoken with them about how firm they are about the travel cost, I bookmarked them and i'll come back to it if need be.

They're within our ideal price range, but i've found many that are slightly above, but they don't charge travel so all in all it evens out.
  • atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Travel fee's are to be expected... especially with what gas prices are these days. I think that sound perfectly reasonable. 
  • woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the timing of your wedding, $200 sounds either reasonable or cheap.
    I know that if the wedding runs into the late hours around here, it might not just be mileage but also a hotel room too.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow sounds reasonable to me. That is not only their time being used but also the cost of the actual gas & wear on their car to travel.
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards