New York-Long Island
Options

XP Great venue on LI, slight glitch in the plans

The good:
We went to our venue yesterday to finalize the menu and everything for our September 15th wedding. The guy that we are working with at the venue is a doll, and we had a great time meeting with him.

the great:
He threw in a bunch of extras for us that we were not expecting at all. He threw in chair covers, an espresso and cordial bar, and gave us a mashed potato martini bar instead of a second pasta!!! I was pretty pumped about that.

the awful:
He asked who our DJ was, we told him, and his face dropped. Apparently our DJ has been banned from the venue, allegedly for some shady business dealings (contracting for a specific DJ or MC, then sending someone else not actually affiliated with the company to cover, and other general bad business practices). Obviously this enfuriated my fiance, because the DJ has known about the ban for 2 years, and has gotten numerous certified letters sent to him advising him of the same. . . . yet still signed a contract with us and took our deposit in February. I'm not really sure what we are going to do, now just over a month away from the wedding. My fiance is going to confront him today and see if we can get a replacement. I'm just upset that he would contract with us knowing that he can't be on the premises!!!

Anyone have any advice for me?

Re: XP Great venue on LI, slight glitch in the plans

• Options
    Did you put your deposit on credit card? If so call the credit card company they can fight it for you. I have a great dj on long island if you need one. Don't worry with 82 days to go I found out my venue was sold. I found a new venue, sent new invitations and got our deposit back. You will be fine.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_xp-great-venue-on-li-slight-glitch-in-the-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:1012b5b7-0bad-4d59-afc7-404f472679bfPost:d87dffa7-eef8-4815-9c84-2527e470174d">Re: XP Great venue on LI, slight glitch in the plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you put your deposit on credit card? If so call the credit card company they can fight it for you. I have a great dj on long island if you need one. Don't worry with 82 days to go I found out my venue was sold. I found a new venue, sent new invitations and got our deposit back. You will be fine.
    Posted by jap6955[/QUOTE]

It's on my amex. . . . we have a lead on a new DJ, after we meet with him we'll read the previous one the riot act.  If he doesn't want to return our deposit, we'll look into suing him for it.
  • Options
    jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_xp-great-venue-on-li-slight-glitch-in-the-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:1012b5b7-0bad-4d59-afc7-404f472679bfPost:d20813a3-cfb9-45ad-9351-9f6d9b9dc083">Re: XP Great venue on LI, slight glitch in the plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looking for an affordable photo booth for your special day? Well if so than check out Long Island's most affordable photo booth rental co. Introducing LI Party Booth we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and affordability. For more information check out our website <a href="http://www.Lipartybooth.com" rel="nofollow">www.Lipartybooth.com</a> or speak to one of our special events coordinators tolln free (855) 383-6835.Wehave Packages starting as low as $599.00
    Posted by LIPartyBooth[/QUOTE]

R U dumb? You can't advertise on here, every vendor knows that.
  • Options
    And yet again, you've been reported.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_xp-great-venue-on-li-slight-glitch-in-the-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:1012b5b7-0bad-4d59-afc7-404f472679bfPost:c638a164-4b15-4135-a683-411baa19f93e">Re: XP Great venue on LI, slight glitch in the plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP Great venue on LI, slight glitch in the plans : R U dumb? You can't advertise on here, every vendor knows that.
    Posted by jjswin[/QUOTE]

You realize that by quoting this moron all you did was preserve his ad, which otherwise would disappear after he gets reported, right?
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards