Favors

Flower Favors PIP

If we're having a very simple wedding centerpieces, a mason jar with either gerbera daisies or tulips, is it wierd to offer single stems to guests to take home. I would like to keep the jars, but I think that parting with a stingle flower stem is kinda cute.

I know if you're a single guy, this would probably be really really wierd, but we're really only having one, maybe two guys who are not married or in serious "live-in" relationships and will be attending as a couple.

I was all set to do "lemon drops" as a suggestion from many of the knotties on here, but FI thinks it's lame (he can't give me a reason why, he just does!) so I'm just going to give up on the favor idea.

I have no idea how I would convey this message, but do you think this is wierd, should I just skip it, and send centerpieces home with my bridesmaids, and other special people?

I would just really like to do something with all those flowers! 

Sorry, I know this is long, it's late, and I'm rambling :)

BTW, here's a sample of what I am thinking for centerpieces...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower Favors PIP

• edited December 2011
    You know, my future grandmother-in-law (who is amazing) had the greatest suggestion for that - she said to tie them in raffia (or whatever) and take them to a nursing home or see if a hospital ward would take them. I can't take flowers home (cross border thing), so that's what we're going to do. If you *can't* figure a way to get people to take just a single stem, try that.

(ps: We're also doing the tulips-in-mason-jars thing :)
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just send them home with whoever wants to take them & not as favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those really aren't favours, but if you want to send them home with guests, by all means.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    I have seen someone do this. They found longer, clear plastic bags, made personalized stickers for the bags, and set them at each table with a note offering for each guest to take a flower home. I can't find the idea/picture anywhere, but it looked cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards