Asian Weddings
Options

1000 paper cranes

Hello everyone!! I am having a Japanese orianted themed wedding. One of the decorations I am doing as a dIY are paper cranes. I am making 1000 papers cranes to hang and give out to my guests. I was wanting to make a tree to hang the cranes on for seating arrangments for the reception. What would be a good way to go about doing this?? Should I not hang them on a tree and do something a different?? Thank you everyone :)
Stay by my side, forever... I will be by your side, forever...

Re: 1000 paper cranes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with the cranes! (I've only got 140 of mine done so far but it's a work in progress) Maybe you could sit the cranes on a table like the sitting arrangments are (like a mini replica)? I really dunno bout that 'cause we're not doing a sitting arrangement.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    zinkbriefszinkbriefs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome. Your making paper cranes too??? what is your theme for your wedding? where are you having it? What are your colors? When is your wedding?? Good luck with your paper cranes too:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. I'm not sure what our theme really is (supposed to be Korean/French...ish) but more just going with our colors: Main = red, accents = gold and silver. Our wedding isn't until 9 June 2013. I wanted a heads start. My mama did 1000 cranes for her wedding too (she's Korean - hence the Asain influence).

What are your colors and when are ya getting married?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is very awesome!! You definantly have a good jump on the cranes:) My colors are light pink, light green and white. Mainly doing a cherry blossom theme. The wedding is in November the 4th. I'm very excited and still have a lot to get done. But I know it will work out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww. Sounds pretty. Much much luck to ya'll. ^-^ Did ya figure out your crane/seating arrangement?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much!!! not yet but it will all work out!! Good luck too you too and your plans and folding!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a Japanese-esque wedding this past weekend but I totally got lazy when it came to folding the cranes lol.  I'm always happy to see other weddings where people have more folding patience than I do!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shigaites I love it when someone has a Japanes type wedding:) How did it go? are you selling anything that you used at the wedding? Yea the folding process is a lot but it will be worth it once I'm finished^_^
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are also folding cranes but i havent even started...nor do i have any idea what to do with them...were not having an entirely asian themed wedding but we are having some asian influences...(my sisters from cambodia and fi's from vietnam) 

question: anyone have a good site for oragami folding? or even just detailed directions?
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For folding crane directions I just went on youtube. there are lots of videos....its really easy to do too. Once you get the steps down it's second nature!!! For the cranes I would suggest you get fishing line and the string them together. Thats what we are doing. You can look on google images to see what I'm talking about. It looks like they are sitting on each others backs when you string them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that sounds like an awesome idea. I too am folding paper cranes to hang from the ceiling at my reception. I am hanging them off of monofilament fishing line with 25 on a strand. That would probably work the same for a nice sized tree.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am folding 1000 paper cranes to hang from the ceiling at my reception. I am hanging them off of monofilament fishing line with 25 on a strand. I also incorperated a sake and hot tea ceremony after the wedding but before the reception. I am wearing a red gown, having an obon altar for the memory of lost family and friends, and we asked the guest instead of traditional wedding gifts to give oshugi (a cash gift) for us to put toward our first house since we have everything we need in our apartment. There will be only the wedding party and the immediate family at or wedding ceremony and at the reception the groom and myself will light candles at each of the guest tables and greet them each with a hikidmona (gift or favor). But there is a theme other than all of these Japanese traditions. We are having a masquerade halloween ball and have encouraged the guest to wear a costume since our wedding will be a few days before Halloween....it will have the american traditions encorperated as well (bouquet toss, garter toss, $1 dance, cake cutting, first dances...it is going to be SOME eventSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards