Registry and Gift Forum

Where else should I register?

So far, my FI and I have only registered at Macy's.

However, a few people mentioned to me that I should probably register one other place too; such as Bed, Bath and Beyond. When I looked at their website, they sell the same stuff Macy's does (like our China, Electrics, Cookware..) and their registry benefits don't seem to be as good as Macy's.

Where else have you all registered? What did you like/not like about that place?

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where else should I register?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_where-else-should-i-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b534c44f-8396-4911-8fbf-2da2cdc14d27Post:b952abe0-7029-4de8-847d-2d170f613af5">Re: Where else should I register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Macy's and BBB.  You don't really NEED a second registry but do you have any hobbies?  REI has camping gear, for example. Or maybe Williams Sonoma for nice cooking stuff? We had no problems with either and liked both.  You could also do an Amazon registry.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

<strong>Are you married already? I love the perks with registering at Macy's. I have a Macy's credit card and I'm a faithful shopper at Macy's (I buy a lot of my clothes there and all of my cosmetics) and I am definitely a happy camper. My future MIL suggested maybe Kohl's?</strong>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I registered at Macys and BBB.  So far, items have been purchased from BBB, but not Macys.  That could be that I've told family to shop my registry for Christmas for FI and I, and I have more every day items on the BBB registry.  My china, large electrics, etc are on Macys. 

People may just like to have the option.  I will mention though that BBB (at least that I'm aware of) does not sell china or Fiestaware in the store.  You have to order it.  So for your guests that like to shop last minute and bring a physical gift with them, they may not like this. 
  • We waited until pretty late to register, so Target was the only place we registered. I've heard they can sometimes be a pain with returns, but I took 2 things back with no problems. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We registered at Macy's and BB&B.  Yes, they have most of the same items, but the perk to BB&B was price, because everyone gets those 20% off coupons.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_where-else-should-i-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b534c44f-8396-4911-8fbf-2da2cdc14d27Post:559a059f-7d9f-44ec-975f-24710baae4f2">Re: Where else should I register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I registered at Macys and BBB.  So far, items have been purchased from BBB, but not Macys.  That could be that I've told family to shop my registry for Christmas for FI and I, and I have more every day items on the BBB registry.  My china, large electrics, etc are on Macys.  People may just like to have the option.  I will mention though that BBB (at least that I'm aware of) does not sell china or Fiestaware in the store.  You have to order it.  So for your guests that like to shop last minute and bring a physical gift with them, they may not like this. 
    Posted by ELM12345[/QUOTE]

<strong>I haven't registered anywhere but Macy's. But, I'm requesting people to ship us our wedding presents anyway. (we live in Michigain, but we're getting married in Georgia). I may look deeper into BBB if I need to! Thanks :)</strong>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_where-else-should-i-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b534c44f-8396-4911-8fbf-2da2cdc14d27Post:543bad7c-a9c8-43c5-8cb7-143dc1fc1e9a">Re: Where else should I register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We waited until pretty late to register, so Target was the only place we registered. I've heard they can sometimes be a pain with returns, but I took 2 things back with no problems. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

<strong>OMG! I thought about Target for the simple everyday stuff. But I remembered the bad experience my FI and his daughter's mother had with the returns from her babyshower. She had duplicates of a few things and wanted to exchange them for other things they didn't get, but needed and Target upset her really bad. I don't like my stepdaughter's mother, but I did feel bad when they made her cry =/</strong>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_where-else-should-i-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b534c44f-8396-4911-8fbf-2da2cdc14d27Post:6e18274e-2706-45fe-86eb-7fd880c38a38">Re: Where else should I register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We registered at Macy's and BB&B.  Yes, they have most of the same items, but the perk to BB&B was price, because everyone gets those 20% off coupons.  
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

<strong>I did look into the price as far as BBB and Macy's. Most people know to shop at Macy's on a weekend! Macy's sale prices are BBB's everyday prices & the coupons are 10-20% off anyway. Plus, it benefits me if they buy from my registry there. (I enrolled in the program where I get a gift card because I have a Macy's Credit Card and they linked it to my registry.) and after i get so much of my China, I get something free, same waut with my stemware and flatware :)</strong>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_where-else-should-i-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b534c44f-8396-4911-8fbf-2da2cdc14d27Post:d35dc046-5318-4e4d-bb7e-e237157b41df">Re: Where else should I register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So long as Macy's in convenient for all of your guests, I think that is fine. If not, I'd add smething that is convenient for folks who don't live by a Macy's. BBB is good. You can also do amazon or myregistry.com which lets you add things from any online retailer.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

<strong>I supposed. I think i'll just stick to Macy's though. The only people I would be concerned about not being near a Macy's is some friends I have who living in Jacksonville, FL. i think the closest Macy's to them is Orlando, Gainesville or they have to go over the Georgia line. However, there is Macys.com</strong>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did 2, BBB and crate and barrel.
  • If you're happy with your registry at Macy's as is, and don't really feel the need for additional things, then just stick with what you have. 

But if you'd like to expand your registry, try checking out other stores that sell items that are a different style than what Macy's sells. For instance, if you like a modern aesthetic, look into Crate and Barrel or CB2. If you're really into cooking, look into stores like Sur La Table, William Sonoma, or Chef Central. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We did Target and Crate & Barrel. We registered for nicer things at Crate & Barrel. Target was great for everyday stuff, include things we wanted for our yard & organizing stuff for inside. Target allowed us to hit all price points which made it nice for our friends who are on a budget that were invited to both the bridal shower & wedding.

We had several items from our Target list that we returned. We went a little scanner crazy when registering and picked things we didn't need. So we returned them for credit. All of the items were on our registry so we had no problems with returning them and getting store credit. Now if you get things not on the registry & don't have a gift receipt, I could see it being harder to return things, but we had a really easy experience.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_where-else-should-i-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b534c44f-8396-4911-8fbf-2da2cdc14d27Post:4f898798-a305-45d0-9059-5591c1f2dc6c">Re: Where else should I register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's just a few friends I wouldn't worry about it. It is a good thing to keep in mind for older relatives who aren't comfortable with online shopping, or people who just prefer to see things in person before purchasing.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

<strong>when i worked in retail, people drove me CRAZY with that. if they registered for it, then clearly they want it. what does it matter if you like it or not? haha.</strong>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i think that I am honestly just going to leave it at Macy's. i'm not really liking anything stuff i'm seeing at other places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would suggest not registering at Target! I missed the 90 day return window and am stuck with duplicate products (a knife block and a piece of furniture) that I guess I'm selling on craigslist now! 

In the store they'll tell you to call and when you call you get outsourced to India. I got hung up on after waiting on hold and then wasting time trying to explain why a wedding registry should be treated differently than a regular purchase! What a waste of time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards