Utah
Options

LDS Question

And since I'm in a posting mood...  I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me.

Is it an LDS tradition NOT to give wedding gifts?  We had a couple of LDS coworkers who came to the ceremony and reception and did not get cards or gifts from  any of them.  It seems a bit odd to be a coincidence so is it one of the Utah things outsiders don't know about?

Re: LDS Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    no its not. it was just that one person not giving gifts. most LDS people are very generous but practical
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that's not a LDS tradition. My family is LDS and they always take gifts or cards to a wedding.
    Future Angie Ayrton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!  It was four separate couples which is why I started wondering.  I guess I'll just put it down to one of those weird wedding things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did they give shower gifts? 

I was told that guests usually do one or the other, but to do both gifts is amazing.
  • Options
    nikkic11nikkic11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've was raised LDS and we always gave gifts to people in the ward when they got married, even if we didn't know them very well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, we didn't have a shower.  I guess after a wedding it's pretty common to be left with some weird unaswered questions.  Some of our other ones were why on earth people would show up 45 min early to a reception or grab a vegetarian dish when they didn't ask for one...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I grew up LDS and my parents always did a shower and a wedding gift. That is what I do now,  as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards