Chit Chat

Favor Ideas??

Sooo our colors are pink and brown and our "theme" is cherry blossoms. I saw some favors that were ok but nothing i abs. loved. Does anyone have any idea??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Favor Ideas??

• a) something edible - cookies in the shape of blossoms with pink frosting, chocolate bars, candy
    b) skip them altogether - they're not expected
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Edible favors are best, for the simple reason that they're much easier to dispose of when they inevitably get left behind, without feeling like you've wasted your money.  I also think favors are best when they actually relate to the couple by more than having their names and wedding date on them: a favorite childhood candy, a famous cookie from your hometown, and so on.

They're also completely skippable.  If you don't particularly want them, just don't have them.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • If you want favors, go the edible route. Nobody wants a champagne flute/shot glass/picture frame with your names and the date engraved on it, even if you put a "theme-related" design on it.

You can always do candies that are pink and brown-hershey bars, M&Ms, jelly beans that come in pink and brown (I'd reccommend the Jelly Belly site, that's where my favors came from), or cookies frosted with pink or something.

Honestly, if there's nothing you or your FI is crazy about, you can always skip them and sink the money into another part of the budget.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Were doing a cookie buffet. My mom and sister are making all the cookies.

Jennifer & David 10/15/10
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I vote edible or skiping them altogether.  I never take or keep the personalize keepsakes. It ends up being a huge waste of money for the couple.
    The only one I have is the Thank You bookmark from my brothers wedding.  Its in the same scrapbook as their pictures and invite.
    image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In my area, favours absolutely are expected and it would be very strange to not have them, so we're doing sugar cookies.. The wedding is in February in Canada, so the cookies will be snowflake shaped, frosted in blue icing and wrapped in cello bags and ribbon.

Side note, Jennsper, you and I appear to have the exact same engagement ring. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards