Attire & Accessories Forum

What color shoes for bridesmaids? They are wearing long navy dress and short navy dress

My color are navy and ivory.  Should they wear ivory shoes?

Re: What color shoes for bridesmaids? They are wearing long navy dress and short navy dress

• Thats why I am asking...I am not sure what color shoes.

We are trying to keep the color uniformed - however not the style, of the shoe, etc.

Yes I am dictating them (being sarcastic..duh)
  • edited April 2010
    Some brides do dictate what shoes their BM's wear and then buy them for them, so that wasn't a sarcastic question.

Anyway, I think ivory would look ok, white/black usually look the best. I looked up navy bridemaid pictures in google images and it seems like most are wearing black or white shoes.
  • Silver or gold.

Bleh, not ivory. Their shoes only need to coordinate with their own outfits, not match your wedding color palette.

If you wore a navy dress to a social function, what color shoes would YOU pair with it?
  • I would probably wear them w silver shoes.

• I would definitely go with a silver shoe. That way they can easily wear them at other events, parties, and weddings, well after your wedding is over! I told my bridesmaids that I would like them to find silver shoes in whatever style they prefer.
  • I agree with silver.  My BM are wearing sapphire blue dresses with silver shoes and I saw the combo and it looks great!  I am sure the same would hold true for navy.
  • I agree w/ silver!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• The only color I think you can do with Navy is silver.
  • I also have Navy dresses. We're getting married at Caesars Palace in Vegas so we are doing a Grecian theme. The girls have silver, gold, and bronze headbands. They are wearing metallic shoes to match their colored headband.
  • My colors are navy and ivory as well, and the guys are wearing khaki suits. My bridesmaids are wearing champagne-colored shoes, which we all decided looked best with the navy dresses, as well as the khaki suits. I originally wanted them to wear pink shoes, but since their bouquets are pink I thought that would be a little much. 
  • elefieelefie member
    First Comment
    My bridesmaids are wearing silver/glitter shoes.  They look great with the dresses! With navy and ivory colors and a damask accent, what should the grooms wear?
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• No absolutely ivory!!! I saw a picture of that scheme and it was so classy and beautiful.... and complementary to the bride!  I have black dresses and totally considering ivory shoes because of that one picture!  Its not too matchy matchy but so pretty with white flowers, pearls, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards