Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Morning

How is everyone today?  What you are you all up to on this fine day?

It's sunday, so that means work for me... Boo. Frown  At least I do not have to go in until 3pm.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Morning

• Options
    Hi Lynda! I'm just sitting here with my coffee and hanging out with Ben. I've got to tackle the laundry monster today and then later I'm taking Ben over to my Dad's to play with my half brother.

That sucks that you have to go to work later. Boo.
  • Options
    it's okay... I work most Sundays.   While I hate it, it is what it is.  I think I have one off later in the month.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Matt works every Sunday too. He actually really loves it because he pretty much just sits in his cube looking at ESPN.com all day. And it also mean that he doesn't work Thurs, Fri or Saturday.
  • Options
    I would like to work Sundays if it meant I would watch ESPN all day also.   But with my job Sundays is just like any other day.   Tonight we have a sunset/full moon dinner sail.  It's pretty cool, except we do not get off until 9pm so we will miss our weekly Sunday cookout with our friends. 

• Options
    Morning! I'm here watching FI sleep. Sadly, I have to take him back to the airport today, but I think it will be less than a month until I see him again, so I'm hoping I can bear up. Also, I'm going to find out within the next few weeks whether or not I'll be able to move out his way in the fall... I am definitely nervous.

We are so excited! Our friends who FI sees pretty much every day won a silver medal in the team pursuit yesterday, and we are so proud of them.

Last night we had one of my really good friends and her new boyfriend over for dinner, and we all drank waaaay too much. I'm so happy that my friend has met such a nice guy.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Morning! I'm watching the news and getting ready to go workout.

going to breakfast with my dad for my brother's birthday and then my mom and grandma are coming up today for pie and ice cream for his birthday, too.

Mind you, none of them told us they were coming up until Friday. Awesome. So I feel like a biitch because I ditched my dad last night because we already had plans.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

Sarah: but I think it will be less than a month until I see him again  This makes me sad!

I have tons of laundry to do, a ton of cleaning and grocery shopping to do.  I should probually get on it...?

It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good morning, lovelies. I'm up with the doggies, getting run over now and then as they race circles around the living room. I've got laundry and errands to run today. The nice thing is it's supposed to rain all day, so I should be in for a great afternoon nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Hey everyone.....I'm up way too early for my liking, but the dog decided to wake me up by peeing on the rug - awesome.  Fi is still asleep and probably will be for a while (got in from his bach around 230).  I have a million last minute details to try to get done, some of which include my hopefully last dress fitting and finally getting a veil of some kind
  • Options
    Good morning.  I'm just drinking my coffee and watching Law and Order.  H left for work a few minutes ago so it's just me and the cat for the day.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a4ecd64-44df-4c75-8e1b-e8d3d6ed4d71Post:f2dac36e-bae2-4dd6-912b-6e9ff003f5c6">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning.  I'm just drinking my coffee and <strong>watching Law and Order</strong>.  H left for work a few minutes ago so it's just me and the cat for the day.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder.

:switches over to TNT::

DH hates L&O and will not let me watch it if he is at home.  Luckily he is not at home much, so it's not normally an issue.

• Options
    Morning.  I am working on my grocery list.  After that we're going to see some friends of ours and their brand spankin' new baby.  She was born Friday :).

• Options
    Morning! A little late :) I drank too much at a trivia thing last night, but luckily I have a dog alarm clock to prevent too much oversleeping. Today my only plans are to work out eventually and to cook a crap load of chicken pot pies and soups to freeze so that H and I can have real food even when we don't eat dinner together. We'll see how much I actually make.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards