Honeymoon Discussions

Big Island

How did you decide where to stay?  The island is so big haha!  We have no clue as to what part of the island we should stay on. We are staying in the Volcano Village for a few days, and then another part of the island for a few more, but we can't decide where :) 

Any suggestions would be great!
Photobucket

Re: Big Island

• We stayed at the Hilton in Waikoloa Village... beautiful resort!!
    it's on the Kohala/Kona Coast (west)... oppposite of the volcano national park, so that would be a good change.  especially if you a flying out of Kona Airport (I believe it's only a 30min drive from there).  It's not a far drive to Waipio Valley, the Kona Brewery, Captain Cook Monument and Mauna Kea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are staying at the Mauna Lani Bay Resort -- they have very good reviews & all "amenities" are free like cabanas, hammocks, snorkel gear, boogie boards, etc.

Photobucket
  • I take it back - it's the Outrigger Kanaloa that I'm talking about.
  • Check out my bio for details, but we're staying at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott. 

We were trying to decide between it and the Fairmont Orchid.  The Fairmont is a 5-star with all the bells and whistles, and the Marriott is a 4-star.  We went with the Marriott because for the same price-point, we could get an ocean-front room there, versus a partial ocean-view room at the Fairmont. 
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • We stayed at the Mauna Lani - a beautiful hotel and they treat you very well.  We did a lot of sightseeing on the BI though, so we didn't get to enjoy the hotel as much as I had thought we would.  Definitely do a volcano helicopter tour if you can!  The "doors off" option is amazing!
  • lovbulldgslovbulldgs member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    We are staying at the Fairmont on the Big Island.  It has gotten great reviews from what I read.  We are going in Mid may so won't be able to give a review until we return. 
  • We stayed at the Fairmont Orchid, and it was beyond amazing!! Great customer service and great rooms!! We did have a partial ocean view room, but had amazing views of the resort as well!! We had a car while we were there and drove to several different beaches, but discovered the private beach at the Fairmont was the best snorkeling spot we found!! If you have the chance to take the scenic drive to Hilo it is well worth it!! The drive from the Kohala coast to the Kona Airport is not bad at all!! And all the shopping you get to enjoy in Kona is great too!! Have a wonderful honeymoon... Hawaii is something you will never forget!! Congratulations!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards