Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photographer gone MIA post-wedding

Has anyone ever run into a situation where their photographer has gone MIA after the wedding?? My photographer has only gotten in contact with me once, about 5 weeks after the wedding, and the wedding was 3 months ago. We have been desperately trying to email, call and text her. She has not responded to a single thing. She works on her own and doesn't have a studio set up or anything and we have always met with her at a coffee shop, etc. Other people I know have used her and they have all received her photos. The contract we signed says that the CD of photos will be delivered 5-6 weeks after the wedding date, and it is already 2 months past that deadline. I have made her aware of this. I would rather have my photos than my money back and I want to avoid taking legal action, but it seems that this is what I will have to do if she does not respond soon.
Thank you for any advice!!

Re: Photographer gone MIA post-wedding

• edited December 2011
    I would post this on your local board to the left and see what those ladies have to say. Maybe someone else is using her?

Have you tried mailing her a certified letter? Or going to the address listed on her business license?
  • AllisonT91AllisonT91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had that happen to a cousin of mine. He could get in touch with the photographer, and the man always said "They're almost ready", or something along those lines, even months after the wedding. I think it was over a year before my cousin threatened to take him to court. Here's the thing: I've done wedding photography before. With Photoshop being as awesome as it is, it doesn't take too long to edit pictures. There's no reason it should take that long. You have a contract with that person. Call her and tell her that if you don't get them within about 2 weeks, you are going to take legal action. That'll probably put a fire under her. Good luck, and I'm sorry that happened to you!
  • baker2snbaker2sn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_photographer-gone-mia-post-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:357e1abe-d00d-4763-a1e8-e6bd1a5e07e6Post:9abaf373-8049-42ec-8aa7-a3dfc436c167">Photographer gone MIA post-wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone ever run into a situation where their photographer has gone MIA after the wedding?? My photographer has only gotten in contact with me once, about 5 weeks after the wedding, and the wedding was 3 months ago. We have been desperately trying to email, call and text her. She has not responded to a single thing. She works on her own and doesn't have a studio set up or anything and we have always met with her at a coffee shop, etc. Other people I know have used her and they have all received her photos. The contract we signed says that the CD of photos will be delivered 5-6 weeks after the wedding date, and it is already 2 months past that deadline. I have made her aware of this. I would rather have my photos than my money back and I want to avoid taking legal action, but it seems that this is what I will have to do if she does not respond soon. Thank you for any advice!!
    Posted by sarakfreese@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don't have any advice on this issue, but I noticed your screen name and you may want to change it to something other than your email. There are crazys out there ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    A little bit different of a situation but I do freelance graphic design and after I designed something for a client she went MIA without paying me. Wouldn't respond to my phone calls or e-mails, so I called her business from a different number and low and behold, she answered right away! Try that...

I do photograpy as well, and even with photoshopping it should not be taking her this long to get them done.

I'd do everything possible to track her down. Go to her business, send her a certified letter, and if you don't hear from her within a week file court papers. It's not that hard, it costs like $50 and they will make sure she gets them.

Sorry this is happening, that would make me incredibly nervous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards