Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

need Bienville house reviews

I am thinking about doing a room block and my bridal suite at the Bienville House hotel on decatur because of its close proximity to the st.louis cathedral, where my ceremony is. Has anyone stayed there recently or done a room block there before?

Re: need Bienville house reviews

• Options
    MMLM2012MMLM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just visited today to check it out for the same thing...it seemed nice enough just an older building and not very updated. I like it's vibe but I thought it smelled really funky, especially in the elevators.

I'd be curious to here some reviews from guests that used this hotel, as well...is it just me or does it always smell strange??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also experienced that smell issue at the Bourbon Orleans, but they claim to be undergoing a renonvation.
  • Options
    Kristina CT Kristina CT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've stayed at Bienville before, and we do have a block of rooms there for our wedding in February as well.   The only other hotel I had stayed at is the Monteleone (twice) in the FQ (both are owned by the same management), and The Columns in the Garden District. 

PERSONALLY, my fiance and I liked the rooms at Bienville much better than Monteleone, which is surprising because the Monteleone is supposedly one of the nicest hotels in the quarter per TripAdvisor.  Granted we agree that Monteleone would win for it's opulence. 

So about Bienville, I've found their rooms to be rather spacious which is one of the things we liked most.  Through my own research, I've heard that if you take one of their suites for Bridal prep, make sure it's the Penthouse suite, and not the King Salon or King Suite b/c those types are smaller.  We didn't love the Bienville (a) common areas and (b) elevators, but loved everything else about it.  Regarding the smell, when we stayed there, yes there was a faint "mildew-y" smell in the halls, but it's really hard for me to complain about certain things unless its really bad, and because these are some old hotels we are talking about I wasn't too surprised or bothered by it.  Also, when we stayed there, they brought up a bottle of champagne and chocolates (on the house) b/c we were celebrating our anniversary (not even a marriage anniversary)...They let us check in VERY early, and gave us free drink coupons for the Carousel Lounge at Monteleone.  I just felt like I was taken care of very well and the rooms were a good size.

So that's my two cents.. hope it helps.     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards