Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wedding Reception Venue

Hi Ladies!  One of my best friends from high school is recently engaged and is looking at getting married next May on a Friday evening.  She was looking into my caterer for her wedding reception, but was told today that they've been in business for 30 years and after December they will be retiring. 

So I am helping her look for a venue now (she already has the church).  She doesn't have a large budget, so no more than $50/person.  She is open to renting a fire-hall or something of that nature and bringing the caterer in.  Location wise she is looking in Bensalem, Bristol, Croydon and lower Bucks County area.  TIA! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Reception Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think La Luna banquet Hall in Bensalem is under $60 a head, depending on the time of year and time of day.I wanted that venue but they were booked on my date well over a year of my date so I was disappointed. My venue is on Street Road but in Southampton at the Hampton Room (which is part of the fire hall there). The room rental was low and the caterer is Catering by Jessica Lee. You can bring in your own alcohol as well.
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Georgine's in Bristol on a Friday is $50/Person for their base package. This includes tax, grat, cocktail hour, top shelf open bar, cake and dj.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P&P Caterers is a fantastic venue with great food.  I think their prices might be a little more than that but they can always attempt to negotiate.
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the suggestions!  We are looking into those locations now :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tubtub member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi bballgirl!
    I know I am little late, but I just read this post. When searching for my venue, I used a website called partyspace.com and they offer up to date calendars of every venue in the area that they feature on their site. They also list the contact info right on the site for the venue and post price ranges. Your friend may have found a place already but if not, check out the calendars on patyspace.com!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards