October 2012 Weddings

to bolero or not to bolero (rant)

Hi Gals,

I thought that no matter how cold it is on October 20th, there is no point in worrying about a coverup. If I get even slightly overheated I am going to sweat like a pig and stink up my gown. My face will turn bright red through my makeup. I'd rather think " f*ck it's cold" as I run between the car and the church. That being said I am more worried about it pouring rain than being too cold. Will I be okay with just a golf umbrella or do I really need a huge raincoat to protect my dress? I will get hot under it and start sweating.

If it really is that cold on the day of, wouldn't I be better off with a proper coat? A bolero won't cut it if the temperature drops to 0 C. (it has snowed on Halloween in the past).

I don't want to purchase a bolero, a jacket, and a rain coat "just in case". And it's too early to get an accurate weather forecast. My mother is insisting on buying one after the saleslady at the bridal shop suggested it. Well of course she suggested it, she's trying to make money.

What are your plans for a cover up? Why do I even have to think about this amongst all the other things I need to do?

Re: to bolero or not to bolero (rant)

• I have a zip up hoodie of FI's that I plan on wearing. If its toooooooo cold, we will get through pictures quickly or bring portable heaters.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • My mom bought me a shawl, but in the south, even if it's chilly it won't be freezing unless it's unseasonably cold.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think if you are just running from the car to the church, a golf umbrella works!

Unless  you are going to wear the bolero again, I woudn't  buy it.

I have a sweater and a shawl;  for a back up.

But I will most likey be sweaty myself
    Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
    57 Aye!Will be in port! image
    16 Nay,be out to sea. image
    13 Are floundering! image
  • One of the ladies from work knit me a shawl, I hope it's cold enough to wear it for a bit!
  • I had a freak out about this on Thursday night and spent about 3 hours looking for things to wear on the internet instead of sleeping.  I found a cute white cardigan with peal buttons from Forever 21.  It was $13.50.  I bought that because it didn't cost much so if I only wear it once, I didn't waste too much and if I don't wear it at all, it still didn't cost much.
  • I have a warm sweater / shawl to put on between shots worse case scenario... we might all be shivering up there though... outdoor wedding and 55-58 degrees they are calling for lol HOPEFULLY it will be more 60+ as it has been lately here...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards