Military Brides

Engagement Pictures

So my Marine and I are having out engagement pictures taken March 17th. Our wedding colors are fuschia and cobalt.So should we wear this colors in the pictures? If not please offer suggestions! The photographs will be taken in a botanical garden. 

Re: Engagement Pictures

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If this is your full name, you should stop using this account and start a new one.  There are too many creepos out there. 

To your question, no, you don't have to wear your wedding colors in your pictures.  Most people wear regular clothes.  Some people get all matchy-matchy and wear white shirts with jeans or khakis.  I would just do something that is complementary to each other. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to wear your wedding colors for the E-pics. Just wear something nice and comfortable. Sometimes matchy-matchy can be too much. 
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Firstly, ditto TX. Secondly, my unsolicited advice is that if you're wanting to take any with him in uniform to choose the proper uniform (since he's a Marine, no cammies) and appropriate locations. 

My photographer sent me a whole email (she's super awesome), 

Now on to the basic "you need to know" stuff....
    Avoid being under the sun a few days beforehand so that you are less likely to get sunburnedFor healthy looking skin, exfoliate and follow-up with a good moisturizer (if our session is outdoors, you may use moisturizer with SPF)Ladies, do get a manicure and pedicure so finger and toes look extra prettyMen, please do trim and groom any hair, before the sessionHave your hair and makeup done by a professional (I have a stylist I can definitely recommend to you!)Do give yourself time to get to the shoot. I want to make sure you are relaxed and that our session is not rushedAvoid eating heavy meals before the shoot, you don't want to experience food coma during our session!Plan your attire at least two weeks before the shoot. At least this will give you enough time to shop for clothes, if necessary. If you're unsure, give me a call and I'd be glad to help.If you have chosen a location, please ensure that professional photography is permitted. Some areas require permits (such as state beaches).
    Ready for some wardrobe tips?
    Wear comfortable clothing! If you're uncomfortable, it will show on your photos. I encourage at least two outfit changes to add variety to your session.Wear something that you love and shows your sense of style. It's best to go with attire that represents your personality.Contemporary clothing that are in style is great! But I also recommend that you don't wear anything that has distracting prints or logos.
     Wear clothes that are of the same level of attire, but you don't necessarily have to match. You don't want to appear dressed up and your fiance wear regular daily attire.Have clothes that match the location of the shoot. Cute dresses for women and shorts & polo shirts for men would go great for a beach location.Darker colors are easier to photograph, but don't be discouraged to bring white or off-white attire.Wear shoes that you love! Make sure that they are comfortable because we'll be doing a lot of walking. Ladies, if you plan on wearing super-uber cute heels, be sure to bring an extra pair of flats or flip-flops.Leave purses behind. I can fit keys, cell phones, and small wallets in my camera bag.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards