Snarky Brides
Options

Random Poll

Re: Random Poll

• Options
    Brandi, he just looked at her like "WTF, lady?" He is a tough little cookie.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    And ps, I've met Dayton several times.  His breath is like death warmed over.  And he's extremely socially awkward.
    panther
  • Options
    I am guilt of belly touching, but my own friends ONLY, and I touch those fools all the time anyway. It's really hard for me not to touch my family/friends when i'm speaking to them, like usually on the arm or hands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:e9110986-284a-4ba6-b6e0-f3ec667b5336">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi, I don't follow it much either, but I do like to hear the Phillies won and stuff. I'm more of an Eagles fan, though, football is my sport. Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

I am also a bigger football fan, but my team is the Raiders. I have no idea why.  I guess I've just liked them for a long time.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel bad that im not a sports fan since we have really good sports teams here.  But the only games ill watch are hockey, and those get old too.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Guys. I don't mean to bring up the whole education debate again. But I can't get over this. I'm so pissed off right now. I'm having a 'discussion' on fb about education/taxes/unions/whatever.  Someone just said "A college decree is useful to signal to employers that degree holders are on average smarter than non degree holders. And they are."

So, you know. No college degree? you're stupid. sorry!
  • Options
    My father in law told me he couldn't wait to touch "the buddah". Fvck no. I made sure to squash that right there. No one is touching my stomach unless it's H or my doctor. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:a5b09f21-5ecd-4707-9107-380569c6dc70">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys. I don't mean to bring up the whole education debate again. But I can't get over this. I'm so pissed off right now. I'm having a 'discussion' on fb about education/taxes/unions/whatever.  Someone just said " A college decree is useful to signal to employers that degree holders are on average smarter than non degree holders. And they are." So, you know. No college degree? you're stupid. sorry!
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Seriously? How do you respond to that Steph?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My belly gets rubbed all the effing time. I mean, I don't care that much if someone reaches out and pats it once or something, but I've actually had people stand there and continually pat it or rub it while they talk to me. It's all very strange.

I also got told I was huge today, "way too huge for only 6 months!"

Yell

• Options
    Lol.  They said decree instead of degree?  Who's the dumbass, now?
    panther
  • Options
    cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:c40599ae-8022-4160-ba8b-7f6b580558bd">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : Seriously? How do you respond to that Steph?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

"<span class="commentBody">I 100% wholly disagree with you, Tim. college =/= smart. And lack of college degree does not mean someone is lacking intelligence. What a completely ignorant thing to say."

He also made a comment that the cost of education isn't a big deal because financial aid enables everyone to afford college. His direct quote "</span><span class="commentBody">You fill out a fafsa and you get money. Not hard."</span>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:a5b09f21-5ecd-4707-9107-380569c6dc70">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys. I don't mean to bring up the whole education debate again. But I can't get over this. I'm so pissed off right now. I'm having a 'discussion' on fb about education/taxes/unions/whatever.  Someone just said " A college decree is useful to signal to employers that degree holders are on average smarter than non degree holders. And they are." So, you know. No college degree? you're stupid. sorry!

I think Bill Gates may disagree.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:98ad1b5a-599f-4dfe-bfc3-f79bf14190d3">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]My belly gets rubbed all the effing time. I mean, I don't care that much if someone reaches out and pats it once or something, but I've actually had people stand there and continually pat it or rub it while they talk to me. It's all very strange. I also got told I was huge today, "<strong>way too huge for only 6 months!"</strong>
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

<div>People and their terrible pregnancy comments- seriously!! A friend of mine dealt with that one a lot and it pissed her off and made her feel bad. </div>
  • Options
    The FAFSA arguement is complete crap.  I make too much money (which is laughable) to get any federal aid and if it weren't for my scholarship I would be drowning in student loans.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:3a7a78b5-a844-40b4-a79b-6a6cbc5024ec">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : " I 100% wholly disagree with you, Tim. college =/= smart. And lack of college degree does not mean someone is lacking intelligence. What a completely ignorant thing to say." He also made a comment that the cost of education isn't a big deal because financial aid enables everyone to afford college. His direct quote<strong> " You fill out a fafsa and you get money. Not hard."</strong>

Oh for the love of God.
    panther
  • Options
    I just ended the conversation with "Again. You = ignorant. Not everyone fits into your perfect little ideal of a world. good grief. If it's people like you voting, I understand why our country is fucked."
  • Options
    What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? FI and I got good drunk off mint juleps at home. It's nice when we drink at home because then we don't have to worry about someone driving and we can both get drunk. It was fun!

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now?
    Child--My clothie..it was a gross split up cloth that I used to play with even when I was older and not spitting up
    Teen--My Kitty. Stuffed animal.
    Now--Kitty. Yup, never really got over the stuffed animal thing. Still sleep with him everynight. And my E-ring.

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?
    Ann Arbor, MI. FI and I both have college ties to the area. It is gorgeous, fun and close enough to our family but far enough that they can't bug us all the time.

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do?
    Eat a lot. Go to my cottage and hang out with my family and FI. Get laid.

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you. I
    I was on the school football team in 7th grade. Yeah the one with the boys. I hated being a girl. I quit after 3 days not because I didn't want to do it or I couldn't but because my father pulled me aside and told me that if I didn't quit I was going to kill my mother..which was true. She cried pretty much for 3 days straight.

What CD is in your CD player right now?

A mix of alternative rock songs from last year.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:3a7a78b5-a844-40b4-a79b-6a6cbc5024ec">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : " I 100% wholly disagree with you, Tim. college =/= smart. And lack of college degree does not mean someone is lacking intelligence. What a completely ignorant thing to say." <strong>He also made a comment that the cost of education isn't a big deal because financial aid enables everyone to afford college. His direct quote " You fill out a fafsa and you get money. Not hard."</strong>

This is just so wrong it is not even funny. I worked at a college for 10+ years, and  very few schools meet 100% of need, and even those that say they do don't really. There is a gap for most kids. I had many students scrarmbling trying to find non-parental co-signers form private loans to stay in school.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Kate, it totally makes me feel bad. I look at myself and wonder what everyone else is seeing that I'm not. I feel like a big hippo and hate the thoughts of what I'll look like in August when the baby's ready to be born. Yikes.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:1b020dbf-cda4-44cc-aca9-3d0ac45308e9">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : This is just so wrong it is not even funny. I worked at a college for 10+ years, and  very few schools meet 100% of need, and even those that say they do don't really. There is a gap for most kids. I had many students scarmbling trying to find non-parental co-signers form private loans to stay in school.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Shiit. I was one of them! My dad made enough money that the government decided I could afford school. Except, uh, I was paying for my school. So, thanks?
  • Options
    Quick interruption - somehow the Internet windows on my computer got smaller. How do I enlarge the screen again? I think H touched buttons.
  • Options
    What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? FI and I went to Vegas

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now? My photo albums

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why? I love where Fi & I live now. Our home is beautiful & everything we could ask for.

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do?  Tell my Family I love them & make sure they know how amazing they are.

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you.  I think everyone I work with are arrogant jerks, I have worked here for almost 2 years now and they know little about me because all they do is talk about themselves all day long & never ask about ANYONE else. I hate them.

What CD is in your CD player right now? My Ipod is usually on ACDC
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:ded69f45-a472-4d84-8161-e4101ebc192b">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick interruption - somehow the Internet windows on my computer got smaller. How do I enlarge the screen again? I think H touched buttons.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Like the text is smaller? Or you just need to maximize the actual window? Click the middle button on the top right of the window (looks like two squares)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:ded69f45-a472-4d84-8161-e4101ebc192b">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick interruption - somehow the Internet windows on my computer got smaller. How do I enlarge the screen again? I think H touched buttons.

If it is the text inside the window, on the bottom right there should be a maginifying glass with a percentage, it should be at 100.  This can also be done by holding down CTRL and using the rolling part on your mouse.  If it is just the window itself there should be the button on the top right in the center.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Ah, I got it. This new laptop doesn't have the same displays as my old one so I couldn't find  the settings. Steph, it was the text that got smaller. I know how to make a window bigger, ha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:c0969544-13fa-4afe-845a-9d18e24b43c6">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, I got it. This new laptop doesn't have the same displays as my old one so I couldn't find  the settings. Steph, it was the text that got smaller.<strong> I know how to make a window bigger, ha.</strong>

I thought so? But I didn't want to assume anything ;)

If it's a laptop, it might get bumped too. That happens to mine all the time when I accidentially 'pinch' my fingers together on the keypad thing.
  • Options
    I had to turn that feature off on my laptop. I was constantly zooming in or out when I didn't want to.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:3d9a256a-6d98-4cc1-aef6-a7b0f3a72820">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate, it totally makes me feel bad. I look at myself and wonder what everyone else is seeing that I'm not. I feel like a big hippo and hate the thoughts of what I'll look like in August when the baby's ready to be born. Yikes.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]
    Have you read Salt's blog during her pregnancy. I read through it shortly after I found out I was KU and some of the things she posted that people said to her were crazy. I keep thinking that as I get bigger and more annoyed with things I'll have to reference her blog to get some good responses :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What was the best thing that happened to you this weekend? Hunger Games Movie

What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own: when you were a child/teenager/now? My new car--teen, My self respect-now

If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?Mississippi- I love it here, everyone is so nice anf my family is here. COL low

If you were given 24 hrs to live, what would you do? Spend all the time I could with my family and friends, eat anything I wanted, and have sex

Tell something that nobody in the group knows about you. I enjoy strippers

What CD is in your CD player right now? Mixture 70's classic rock with things like I'm Burning for You, Crazy on You
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_random-poll-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c352f9b-d556-4787-9518-c648b50b6c0fPost:63aeaebc-d070-49fe-a0b3-107ed1c9d769">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random Poll : Awesome.  Then my entire family is stupid since I'm the only one who went.  And I'm not even using the degree I went there for.  <strong>College is not for everyone.  Good grief.   Actually, it's been on local news lately how easy it is to just get a 'fake' degree and even supporting transcripts. </strong> Neat.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    This.
    <div>I have two people that work on my team that, one has a HS diploma and one has a GED. I don't know exactly what they make, but because we have pay bands, I know they both make over 100k and are damn good at their jobs. Not having a degree doesn't mean you can't be intelligent and very successful. </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards