Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVPs

In the information age do most brides feel it is necessary to send paper RSVP cards when there is no specific food choice needed?

Re: RSVPs

• I would still send them, but I liked having the count in my hand. If you plan to use a website I would still include a telephone number as there are still some people out there who do not use the internet.
  • We're including an insert requesting guests to RSVP online, along with my cell phone number.  However, we have a very small guest list (<50), and pretty much everyone is computer savvy.  Our AHR is going to be much larger, and I think it's going to be simpler to keep track of postcard RSVPs than online ones.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Some online RSVP sites allow you to do food choices as well, just FYI.  Wedding Wire's online tools are pretty kick-ass.  If we'd done online RSVPs, it would have been through that website.

However, I have too many guests who wouldn't be able to RSVP online.  And many who are good at responding to paper mail, good at responding to email, and bad at connecting the two.  AND, the risk of a website crashing & losing stuff, or somebody not hitting submit & not realizing it are too high for me to risk it.  So - although I'm a computer nerd by day, it's all paper for me for the wedding.

Plus, old-school formality still says paper responses.  I like that weddings are about the last hold out for that.  It makes the wedding feel a bit extra special that way.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Well, paper RSVP cards are actually a rather recent invention. Traditionally, someone would respond on their own stationary.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • We used paper RSVPs. Not all of our guests were computer savvy or had access to the Internet. I also kept all of the RSVPs that came back with personal messages on them.
    imageimageimage
  • spiffyabigailspiffyabigail member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    We put an email address, phone number and website on our RSVP cards, so surely one of the methods will get done!  Figured it would be easier (and cheaper) for us to just forego the mailing and go all digital. It helps that most of the family is tech-savvy and the wedding website will have lots of other info besides just a place to RSVP. 
    We just got our invites and things in today, so I am pretty excited (in case you couldn't tell).

I think it's easier to just "wing it" depending on the crowd that you're inviting.
  • We didn't need a food selection, but we still had a paper RSVP card.  We were a little too formal for email/phone RSVPs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards