Outdoor Weddings
Options

wedding veil with a breezy place?

What are you gals doing for outdoor weddings and your veils?  I am getting married in the 1000 Islands, NY, and I know it is breezy outside.  I have always wanted a long train veil, but now I am kind of worried about having to deal with a breeze blowing my veil all over the place during the ceremony and pics.

Re: wedding veil with a breezy place?

• Options
    I don't think long veils and wind go well together.  I wore a short veil (elbow length, 1 layer) and didn't have too many problems... but it wasn't very breezy and the way I was facing for the ceremony made it so the breeze took the veil away from my face and not into it or sideways... sort of lucky.   

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think you can wear a long veil, if it is heavy enough. However if it is just tulle then you might have some flyaway issues.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    I actually switched sides during my ceremony because of the wind+veil issue.  It ended up looking gorgeous in pictures though.  My veil was two layer finger-tip length. If you're worried about wind just figure out what direction it's coming from and decide at the last minute which side you'll stand on so it doesn't blow in your face.
  • Options
    On the Attire and Accessories board someone posted about the possibility of having small weights sewn into a veil to keep it from blowing around.  I'd never heard of it before, but don't see why it wouldn't work as long as the weights don't make the veil hang funny.    
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Because of our breezy ceremony location, I chose to skip a veil all together.

I watched my friend get married in the wind and her veil was all. over. the. place.  It was actually annoying her and everyone else!
  • Options
    I actually like the small weights idea.

I got married in a converted greenhouse but wasn't told that they'd have a giant fan blowing during the ceremony.  My veil and hair kept blowing around and there are photos of me rearranging my veil since it kept blowing into my face.  I honestly would have rather sweated throughout the ceremony.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    The 1000 islands is a beautiful location! Have you considered having a short veil over just your face instead of the traditional elbow or fingertip length veil? I actually never thought of this and while the location isn't windy, having a wedding outdoors can always present a problem with long veils. I don't know if you're allowed to post links to other areas and products but I found something just now by searching calling veil weights on a site called www.savetheveil.com . I may check this out myself so I figured I'd pass along the info (I have no affiliation to them so I hope it's OK to post!)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    ooh, thank you ladies!!  I like the weights idea.  I may go with a shorter veil...guess just trying it out and seing how it goes!! yikes! hehe
  • Options
    I personally won't have a veil.  I am most likely going to have a feather piece of some sort, but I haven't fully decided yet.  Our venue is on the water, and it is very breezy there all year round.  So, I decided really quick on not having a veil at all. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards