Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Doing something different than a honeymoon!

Instead of a honeymoon, we plan on buying a house! Instead of paying thousands of extra dollars on a trip, we decided to put it towards our down payment on the house after the wedding. I am super excited! We will get a vacation sometime later, but the house is more important to us! is anyone else not going on a honeymoon?

Re: Doing something different than a honeymoon!

• Options
    Congrats! We just bought our first house in August and have been LOVING it so far. We did a HM (that was back in 2011 when we weren't ready for a house) but if I had to choose between the two, I probably would've picked the house also.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! While I would LOVE to take a vacation somewhere tropical lol, this is setting us up for our future so I think its quite worth it! Best of luck to you both :)
  • Options
    What you're doing is so smart! Congrats on your upcoming wedding and home purchase!

• Options
    thanks so much! and congrats to you too :)
  • Options
    H and I first decided to go to Maui for 2 weeks for our HM but then we bought a house.  Instead of going to Maui (which was going to cost a good chunck of change) we changed our plans and went to Key West for a week and still was able to buy our house.

Like you said, you can go on a vacation anytime and a house is a much better investment.

Good luck with everything!

• Options
    Very smart!! Thanks a lot! Ps. You were a beautiful bride!!!
  • Options
    The way it times for us, we won't be buying a house until I KNOW my FI passes the bar exam in 2014 - I have full faith and confidence he will, but just in case... so we opted to take a small honeymoon.  We aren't spending the big bucks, though, because we are saving for a house a year and a half from now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thats very exciting!! I wish your FI good luck!! And congrats to you both :)
  • Options
    We did things differently - we bought outr house last spring. Our wedding is this summer, and while we've spent a lot on renovations (and more to come), I'd still like to have a honeymoon.

But I agree with what you're doing, and if we didn't have the house already, I'd do the exact same thing!

Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you were very smart in buying the house first!! If we were together longer I think that would have been our first move! But either way it works out :)
    Congrats to you too!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards