New Hampshire

pics before Ceremony..help

So I need help...
Because of a time issue at the church (had to bump my ceremony back 30 minutes, we know only have a 30 minute window between the start of open bar cocktail hour (6pm) and then reception starting at 7pm. Which you think wouldn't be a problem to get all the photos done ( 1 hr 30 minutes before 7pm) Problem is FI doesn't want our bridal party to miss out on the open bar cocktail hour becase he feels they deserve it the most.  Question to all is Pics before the ceremony... did any do this?  did they regret it?  Do you wish you had done it? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated since this is a loosing sleep poin for me since wedding is in a month!! Eek!!
TIA

Re: pics before Ceremony..help

• EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not sure how your venue is set-up or how far it is from your ceremony etc., but we were able to have our  reception venue set-up a table  upstair where we were taking pictures with food and drinks for our BP during the cocktail hour. This way they still enjoyed food/drinks, we were able to take pictures and they weren't mingling with guests before they were introduced into the reception. It worked really well for us and we had from 4:30-6:00 to take pictures. We did pics before the ceremony separately, I didn't want to do a first look. GL!

TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    edk's idea is a good one--set up a table of aps and cocktails for the bridal party near where you are doing your photos.  OR if that is not an option, then I would do you with your bridal party and your fiance with his wedding party seperately before the ceremony.  It will at least get some of the pictures out of the way and then you can focus on couple pictures and a few group shots during the time in between.  Hope that helps!
  • CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not married yet, but I am going to do pics with FI before the wedding. We want to do an on-location photo site that we otherwise couldn't do. I had read on the photog board that most brides generally felt good having a private moment together when they first saw each other and that it helped calm their nerves so they didn't get a million and one lip biting, tear stifling pictures as they walked down the isle. I'm emotional so any crying I get out of the way sooner rather than later is good for me. Also, as a generally superstitious person, I know nothing could negatively affect our day or our marriage. So we're doing what's convenient for us. HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kmgram21kmgram21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow this all helps so much!! 
    I have an email in to the venue to see if they can get up the cocktail hour for BP where pictures will be and gonna tell the photographer that i want a most group shots before cemermony. thanks so much for all your ideas. 
    Thanks so much love these boards!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards