June 2012 Weddings

Only 2 Bridesmaids -- Same Dress or No?

I keep going back on forth on this topic because my MOH is taller, slim, blonde hair.
my other bridesmaid is short, heavy, brown hair. They are built complete opposite so one dress that one likes, the other hates, and vice versa. I was thinking of just picking a color and letting them pick a dress, but will it look strange since there are only 2?!
What's everyone else doing, same dress for everyone or no?

TIA

Re: Only 2 Bridesmaids -- Same Dress or No?

• I'm big on all bridesmaids having the same dress. All of my bridesmaids will have the same dress, hairstyle, and jewelry 
  • I think having different dresses is fine as long as they are the same designer, color, and length.
  • I'm only having a MOH. My colors are purple and blue so I told her she could pick any dress that was those colors. I think it would be fine if they have different dresses since they are completely different sizes.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My MOH is wearing a different dress than my two BMs so I think it is completely fine.  I just made sure they were the same designer and material so that the colors matched.
  • I have 5 they are all wearing different short dresses in the same color and fabric.
    I think different dresses would be fine.  same length and same designer/color would be totally fine.

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_only-2-bridesmaids-same-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9f50f00a-25ff-43a8-a1ff-d6b17cf07a11Post:fc0f253a-a694-42d8-8690-c644fadccc14">Re: Only 2 Bridesmaids -- Same Dress or No?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think having different dresses is fine as long as they are the same designer, color, and length.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this, although I would also add the same material.  I think different dresses are a lot more obvious when the materials are also different.</div>
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_only-2-bridesmaids-same-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9f50f00a-25ff-43a8-a1ff-d6b17cf07a11Post:fc0f253a-a694-42d8-8690-c644fadccc14">Re: Only 2 Bridesmaids -- Same Dress or No?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think having different dresses is fine as long as they are the same designer, color, and length.

<div>Agreed. I actually really like it when I see bridesmaids in different dresses (but the same color and length) and hair to reflect their own styles/body types. </div>

Adrienne & Jonathan

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Before I chose my BMs I wanted them to have different dresses with same color. But I only chose to have 2 BM and decided that I think it would look funny with only 2 BM and each in a different dress. If I had 3 or more BM, I think it would be okay. We are going shopping for the first time in a few weeks, so we don't have a dress yet, but I'm planning on having them in the same dress, and have my MOH have something to distinguish her as "MOH".

I totally agree with this. My BM are wearing the same dress- but that was their decision.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i'm a rebel. I say go for what they like. My girls all chose their own dresses, in their own fabric and color choice. All are by different designers. They will have matching shoes, and necklaces with their hair up. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Alice in Wonderland Planning Bio

image 83 Invited
    image 47 Attending
    image 5 Declined
    image 31 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 2, 2012
  • thanks for your input! I guess maybe I'll have to get them together and try them in the same dress and see what I think. I always thought I wanted them to be same dress, same jewelry, etc but I don't want ot make anyone feel uncomfortable.

I'm thinking maybe if they're the same length and designer then I can have them look simliar but not identical.. that's a good idea.
  • I think it's fine to have different dresses. I actually wanted my BMs to have different dresses figuring they wouldnt' all look good in the same one...we've got quite a few different sizes and shapes but actually they all LOVED the same one and it truly looked great on everyone so we went with just the one.
    June 16, 2012
  • :
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only 2 Bridesmaids -- Same Dress or No? : Agreed. I actually really like it when I see bridesmaids in different dresses (but the same color and length) and hair to reflect their own styles/body types. 
    Posted by afmilner[/QUOTE]

This! I love, love, love seeing different dresses and hairstyles! I almost think it has the potential to look a little odd with them all in the same *everything*. But, to each her own! :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I only have 2 BMs. I told them to pick what they wanted. I love them for who they are and wanted their personalities to come out and for them to feel comfortable because they are both different body types. They however decided on the same dress...which is fine too. 

I agree with others....do what you want!
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • I'm not in to matchy matchy in my wedding - my colors are "light purples" and accents of red, not one specific shade that will be everywhere. So with that in mind, I don't think having the same dress is necessary and sometiems I don't care for it. Sometimes it looks really cute, but sometimes I think it makes them look like accessories to the bride instead of individuals, if that makes sense. No offense to anyone doing matching, it's just a style preference.

I think it would actually look better to have each of your party in a dress that makes sense for them as individuals. If they are such different body types, putting them in the same dress might point out their differences rather than having similar gowns in different styles which will make them look better. Plus they will each be more confident and *feel* more beautiful - not only is that good for them but it shows in pictures (-:

It'll be fine either way, good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you don't have a preference I'd just ask them what they'd prefer. 

My BMs are all wearing different dresses.
  • Mine are all wearing different dresses in the same color. I think it would be fine to let yours do the same even with just two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_only-2-bridesmaids-same-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9f50f00a-25ff-43a8-a1ff-d6b17cf07a11Post:c2193f60-1e54-400d-ace9-28f2189714fc">Re: Only 2 Bridesmaids -- Same Dress or No?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm big on all bridesmaids having the same dress. All of my bridesmaids will have the same dress, hairstyle, and jewelry 
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>I personally think this is overkill, my bm are not dolls for me to dress up, match & prance around (to each their own).</div><div>
    </div><div>I think with the 2 completely different body types you would have a hard time finding something that would work on both of them. </div><div>
    I would go for the same material, length & color. They will still be close enough to matching that no one would really notice. If they were completely different dresses (material, length etc)  that would be a different story. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards