Louisiana-New Orleans

250+ Venue Sites in New Orleans

Hi y'all.  I just got engaged and am planning a New Orleans wedding from NYC for next March/April.  I think we're probably going to have over 250 guests and would like to try and find a venue space that isn't a reception hall or a hotel.  Are those my only options?

A couple of the places that I've looked at like Palace Cafe seem to hold 300 total, but have several rooms which seems a bit odd for a wedding.  They also don't seem to have a main space for a dance floor.

Any advice that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: 250+ Venue Sites in New Orleans

• cbroekstracbroekstra member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at The Pavillion of Two Sisters in City Park and we are expecting about 300 guests. I know they can accomodate around 400 for a buffet style wedding. Its not really a reception hall, per se. Its more of an event venue in the middle of the City Park Botanical Gardens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Mardi Gras World.. it's a really neat venue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nottoway Plantation comes to mind, from what I understand, it's ginormous.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Southern Oaks Plantation. It is absolutely beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Audubon Tea Room (Bonus: the catering is INCREDIBLE.) 

The Board of Trade (also awesome catering done by Pigeon caterers). 

Latrobes

Muriel's 

Pavillion of Two Sisters 
  • MaggieB83MaggieB83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at The Foundry next weekend - all the catering is done on site (the food is amazing) and it doesn't look like your typical "hall."  Plus, it's huge and can definitely accommodate that number of people!
  • NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Federal Ballroom, it's one open room and accomodates up to 400! I went and saw many of the places listed above, and they are all wonderful!  You actually have many great choices! Don't feel limited by your guest list!

Good luck!
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the recommendations everyone.  I should have clarified that I'm looking for a space where I don't have to rent chairs and linens, etc.  I really prefer to get married in a restaurant that I can buy out or rent a very large room, which may not be ideal for a wedding.

Anyways, I've gone ahead and made appointments at Arnaud's, Palace Cafe, Muriel's and Galvez Restaurant.  Hopefully one of them will work out. 
  • NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just in case those don't work out, other than the plantation listed and Mardi gras world (neither of which I am familiar with - all of the venues people suggested above all come with what you seem to be looking for (i.e. a full package - complete with linens, tables, chairs, food, etc)? Just so you don't have to feel restricted to restaurants.... although I the places you listed are lovely as well! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards