Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

When to send Save the Dates??

Hey guys
So my fiance and I booked our spring 2013 wedding at Tendenza! We are over the moon because it's the most beautiful place we've ever seen and we cant WAIT to get married there!! My question is how far before your wedding did you send out save the dates??

Lauren

Re: When to send Save the Dates??

• I don't know about the answer to your question (although I've heard about 6 months in advance) but I am so jealous, I want to have my wedding at Tendenza!! We haven't booked a place yet since we just got engaged, but we're looking at December. I don't know if they'll still have availability for then or not, I'm calling tomorrow, so fingers crossed!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6 to 8 months is the normal for sending out save the dates.  If you have a large amount of out of town guest who need to make travel arrangements I would lean closer tot he 8 month mark.  I have a pretty local guest list so we sent ours out 6 months before.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_send-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6c305e37-8627-499b-a077-ee12e5c8b408Post:41ff19d5-99df-474b-a6e2-706d4cdca2eb">Re: When to send Save the Dates??</a>:
    [QUOTE]6 to 8 months is the normal for sending out save the dates.  If you have a large amount of out of town guest who need to make travel arrangements I would lean closer tot he 8 month mark.  I have a pretty local guest list so we sent ours out 6 months before.
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was going to say.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_send-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6c305e37-8627-499b-a077-ee12e5c8b408Post:41ff19d5-99df-474b-a6e2-706d4cdca2eb">Re: When to send Save the Dates??</a>:
    [QUOTE]6 to 8 months is the normal for sending out save the dates.  If you have a large amount of out of town guest who need to make travel arrangements I would lean closer tot he 8 month mark.  I have a pretty local guest list so we sent ours out 6 months before.
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto. And since a large portion of my guest list is OOT, I'm sending mine out tomorrow.</div>
    Anniversary
  • We did 9 months because half of our guest list is from OOT.

And I am sure you know this but tons of people get in sticky situations....only send the Save the Date to people you are 100% positive will be invited. A save the date = an invitation. So if you are worried you might grow apart from people, especially those local, I would wait until 6 months or not do them at all.

Just a little wisdom from someone who has been on here a while and seen a lot :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_send-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:6c305e37-8627-499b-a077-ee12e5c8b408Post:310e428f-90a9-41f6-9d00-49de60e3226a">Re: When to send Save the Dates??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did 9 months because half of our guest list is from OOT. And I am sure you know this but tons of people get in sticky situations....only send the Save the Date to people you are 100% positive will be invited. A save the date = an invitation. So if you are worried you might grow apart from people, especially those local, I would wait until 6 months or not do them at all. Just a little wisdom from someone who has been on here a while and seen a lot :)
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

Yes, ditto this too. I'm only sending them to OOT guests and absolute definites.
    Anniversary
  • I have the same question. We booked Tendenza (don't you absolutely LOVE it) for March 2013. When is your date??  
  • We have Tendenza booked for April 2013.  We are IN LOVE with it and can't wait to get married there.  I wish our wedding was tomorrow!! haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards