Second Weddings

C'mon Irene

Anyone else have that song stuck in their head?  For the East Coasters, particularly those who seem to have invited Irene to visit this weekend- take care & be safe.

For everyone- Red Cross offers a website that (if internet service is available) you can access to let family know you are OK and if loved ones are impacted, you can be assured that they are ok.  The site is

https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms//

Obviously, you have to plan it in advance to post & check there.  ~Donna

ETA: Google says the lyric is C'mon Eileen.  Oh well.  Embarassed

Re: C'mon Irene

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I feel really awful about any brides getting married this weekend on the east coast. I've been thinking about it every time someone mentions the hurricane. With all the plans I've put together, if I were them, I'd be soooooooooo sad and worried. Knowing you may be hunkered down somewhere and guests can't make it would SUCK!

• edited December 2011

I went to a wedding after Hurricane Gloria hit in 1985.  The bride's house had no power, the church had no power, and the reception hall had no power. 

The bride got ready as best she could.  The church was lit by candlelight, and the music was guitar instead of organ.  The caterer cooked the food on barbecue grills, and the power came back on about a half hour before the reception, allowing the A/C to work.  We had a blast, and the bride had to let it all go and relax. 

This storm is hitting New England Sunday pm, so other than the islands or seaside locales, most weddings should be fine.  More south of us may not fare so well. ~Donna

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_cmon-irene?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:1530b078-75be-4782-a14f-7e072b52c464Post:4576ee84-e15b-4f86-ad01-6e1b2d63bf56">C'mon Irene</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else have that song stuck in their head?  For the East Coasters, particularly those who seem to have invited Irene to visit this weekend- take care & be safe. For everyone- Red Cross offers a website that (if internet service is available) you can access to let family know you are OK and if loved ones are impacted, you can be assured that they are ok.  The site is <a href="https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms//" rel="nofollow">https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms//</a>   Obviously, you have to plan it in advance to post & check there.  ~Donna <strong>ETA: Google says the lyric is C'mon Eileen.</strong>  Oh well. 
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

Yep, I am one of those people who flubs lyrics.  Thus the google immediately after I posted and the correction.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always called that the armpit song because in the video there's not a person in sight with anything but overalls and/or tanks or sleeveless shirts.  Funny me.  I thought it was come on Aileen. 

When you get a lyric wrong, it's called a mondegreen.  There's a great website for this called   Kiss This Guy  because this person thought the Jimi Hendrix song that goes " 'scuse me, while I kiss the sky"  was   " 'scuse me, while I kiss this guy."    Sort of gives it a whole new meaning, doesn't it?  Not that there's anything wrong with that. . .      :-)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the chuckle Retread!
  • edited December 2011
    We were on our honeymoon this past week in VA and TN.  We had an earthquake and then had to leave early to race the hurricane home.

We ended up with two downed trees and a little water in our basement.  I know we're lucky, but seeing those downed trees breaks my heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards