Registry and Gift Forum

Stressing over towels!

Ok... I may sound crazy, but I am having such a hard time picking out towels.  Yes, towels.  What is there to decide on, right?

FI and I are going to be re-doing our bathrooms over the next few years and we don't know what colors we will use yet.  My thought is to pick something neutral like a cream color, but FI thinks that any shade of off-white looks dirty.  White towels will probably get ruined quickly.  

Even though our wedding is in summer 2012, ee started a registry recently because his family is having an engagement party for us and people have been asking where we are registered. 

We desperately need towels, as the ones we have are from our college days and are falling apart, so I would like to put them on the registry from the get-go.  Towels are also not likely to be discontinued so it seems like a "safe" item to put on there now. 

Thoughts? Advice?  What colors did you end up choosing?

Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Stressing over towels!

• Register for towels that match your bathroom now and if you decide how you will be redecorating before your wedding add more towels that match the re-do
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would definitely go with white.. they can be bleached if they start to look dingy. We're registered for Macy's Hotel Collection towels, they are soo soft and fluffy!
  • My FI and I are still in an apartment and are on track to purchase our first home next summer. We currently have one bathroom but I registered for two different bathroom sets of towels. I would suggest browsing BB&B or Macys to see what kind of style you like to get an idea of what solid color towels you might want. I saw a few I liked but we just ended up registering for dark brown towels because there is a lot they match with... If you get the towels and realize you want to go in another direction simply return them… I hope I helped J
    Anniversary
  • I'd either do white or go with neutrals, like a medium beige or brown.  Or just go with colors you like.  I think you are overthinking this.  If you get them now, you can use them and then if they don't match later on, just buy new ones.  If you don't get them now, just change the colors when you decide on the colors for the bathroom.  If you get new ones later, you can always use them as guest towels even if they don't match the bathroom.

I will second the Macy's Hotel Collection towels.  I *love* mine, makes me feel like I'm in a luxury hotel every time I use it.  :)  And on sale they weren't *that* expensive.
  • I really like white--they don't lose their color and go with everything... sort of a nice, clean, spa-like feel. Macy's hotel towel range are really nice!
    "He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at."
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    Ditto PP who said white b/c they go with anything and give off a nice, spa feel.  We are registered for white Ralph Lauren towels.  I received RL towels as a graduation gift when I graduated high school (to use in college), so I've had the towels for almost 10 years.  They are very high quality and fluffy.  I've used them every day for the last (like I said) almost 10 years and they are just now needing to be replaced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't register for towels or bedding because we didn't have a house at the time so I didn't know what colors I wanted.  It sounds like you need a few towels now though.  So either register for a color that matches what you have now or a neutral color.  If you don't get them for engagement party you will probably have to buy a few yourselves, so take of registry and then if you decide what colors you want before the wedding you can add them back on.  I wouldn't count on getting towels for an engagement present though.  You're more likely to get a gift card that you could use on towels.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • even if you plan on re-doing your bathroom in a few years, there is no reason why you cant register for some towels that you can use and love now!

i would stick to a neutral color, as PPs said.

we have towels from BB and B and we love them!
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I would personally not go with white.

Are you keeping any bathroom decorations that you have now? Maybe match them up with those.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    We did a color called Chamois...it's a medium beige.  Would go with a lot of different color schemes.  We also got the Hotel Collection towels from Macys and they. are. awesome.  Expensive, but awesome!
  • If you go with colored towels, just make sure your FI is not like mine, as he will grab a hand towel when cleaning the vanity, regardless of whether he's used a bleach cleaning product. Yeah. I'm registering for white towels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards