Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagement Photos

what do people use these for.    Is this just so you have them or are they used for stuff in the wedding?  Just wondering if they are necessary.

Re: Engagement Photos

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They aren't necessary.  We made a our wedding sign-in guest book out of ours.  We also displayed a couple of 5x7s at the wedding.  Some people also use them for their STDs and also Thank You cards.  In most cases, a session is offered as part of a photographer's package so that is why brides and grooms take advantage of it.
  • edited December 2011
    We used one of the photos for our "save the date" cards and then we had a photo enlarged and matted for our guest book (guests used sharpie pens to write something on the matting).  If you aren't wanting a traditional guest book, I hightly recommend it.  We loved how it turned out.
  • edited December 2011
    We never really did an engagement session, but I took a really fantastic photo of our hands on one of our first dates, and we used that for our engagement announcements. I think most people use it as an excuse to get good, professional photography done, rather than just the standard bar snapshots - but it's entirely superfluous. If you don't feel the need for them, then there's no need for them.
  • edited December 2011
    There isn't a need for them but up until we take our E-pics, the only semi-professional pictures of us consist of us wearing Old Time Western Gear.  It was part of our package and we will probably use them when we run the engagement announcement in the paper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 8/9/11 EDD 4/11/12 M/C 8/20/11
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 6/18/13
    PgAL and PAL always welcome and appreciated!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think everyone should take engagement photos before their wedding.. 

1st. You will always cherish those photos
    2end. YOu will get to know your photographer and his style :) and not just his portfolio online. 

Thank you,

Pasha Belman PHotography :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards