Ohio-Cincinnati

Did you invite...

Your officiant to your reception?  I have of some people inviting theirs and others not inviting theirs.  We have no relationship with our officiant and we aren't getting married in a church.  If you invited your officiant did you also invite their spouse if they were married?

I have been planning on sending an invite to our officiant and his wife, but just wanted to get some other opinions.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did you invite...

• onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hae no clue if its required etiquette wise but it might be nice. I've known my officiant since I was born she's a friend of my mom so kinda like a aunt to me so I can't help there.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should extend the invite. I did, mine didnt attend but he was very happy to have the invite. I think it is typical to invite them for dinner if that is an option.
  • edited December 2011
    Kel, I see that you used Bill Proud.  Did you invite his wife as well?
  • edited December 2011
    We did invite her, yes, but she declined.  I think its polite but unless they have a personal relationship with you, they will most likely decline.
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I invited my officiant and her husband. She came, but he wasn't able to since he was out of town.  She came to our rehearsal dinner too.  I think you can do whatever you'd like, but it is a nice gesture to extend the invite.
  • edited December 2011
    we invited our Deacon and wife, but they declined. I actually had to call and ask if they were coming or not since they didn't RSVP. I thought that was kinda rude..I mean hellloooo shouldn't you know how much work goes into planning these things? The least you could do is RSVP!
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I invited both but neither attended. I always think its nice to do it, plus they usually will count them as vendor meals, so you dont have to pay full price if that makes a difference.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!  I ended up sending an invitation to him and his wife.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards