Muslim Weddings

Bridesmaids or not!

i'm not a traditional muslim, and i've always thought i would have bridesmaids in my cermony...but my FI is talkinga about 6 or 8,....now i know i'm probably gonna b a bridezilla...and my friends know this about me...but he has two sisters, who r not muslim, who he waants to b incorproated....right now i'm just thinking about just not having all together cause i can feel the drama....i just dont know what to do...oh FI's family is christian...
Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)said:"Nikah(marriage)is my Sunnah. He/She who shuns my Sunnah is not of me.?

Re: Bridesmaids or not!

• ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

6 or 8 in total, as in 3 or 4 bridesmaids and 3 or 4 groomsmen or 6 or 8 on each side?  If it's in total that's not too bad, if it's 6 or 8 on each side that's a quite a few people, but it's really up to you.  If your budget can accomodate it and you have that many siblings/close friends that you really want in your wedding, go for it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    6 or8 on each side...and i have a lot of neices...the deal is in his 1st marriage he had 6  of his core friends...and now he wants to add two more...but i'm like i dont know if i can deal with 6 women...not listening and doing as told...if i do have bridesmaids it will b a collection of friends and neices...
    Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)said:"Nikah(marriage)is my Sunnah. He/She who shuns my Sunnah is not of me.?
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is catholic, and we're each having seven. We both have HUGE families so I'm incorporating cousins as ushers and helping seat guests, helping with gifts and the card table, monitoring the guest book, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards