Destination Weddings Discussions

Same-sex legal ceremony MA & Symbolic ceremony in???

I took the advice of a few girls in another post to have my wedding legalized here and to have a symbolic ceremony at an AI Resort. I am looking for a resort in Mexico. I want great weather, a beach front resort and lots of activities for the guests and kids. I would like something that is close to an airport. I have looked into the Azul Resorts and I love them but they are kind of expensive for my guests. I need something that's affordable and has great customer service. I have talked to a few travel agents and was given the Azul option. Any other suggestions?

Re: Same-sex legal ceremony MA & Symbolic ceremony in???

• I again am of no help.  I am getting married at the Azul Beach Resort! :)  I think it's a little more expensive, but we are only having immediate family.  We went through a travel agent and got a price that was better than what was listed on their website.

I know there are other brides getting married in Mexico on here, so they may be able to give you some other options! 
  • I've heard great things about the El Dorados (one of them is family friendly) Moon Palace, and Bahia Principe. We're getting married at the Occidental Grand Xcaret, but at this point I wouldn't really recommend them.
  • edited February 2010
    I got married at Moon Palace and loved it!  The water at the beach isn't so great, but they have a ton of awesome pools.  There is a kids center, nightly entertainment, a ton of restaurants, many off-site activities included in your stay, and you can take shuttles to the other Palace resorts to eat and play for free.  Oh, and it's close to the airport.
  • I got married at the Dreams Villamagna resort in Puerto Vallarta. We loved it there! It was beautiful and I can't wait to go back. My bff honeymooned at a Dreams resort in the Dominican and loved it as well.
    Anniversary
  • I just wanted to say congrats on doing the Massachusetts same sex wedding thing! I hope more states finally get with the program!
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_same-sex-ceremony-ma-symbolic-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:30ee8bb9-b2cd-4b2e-9265-b8abdd2ce962Post:5661305c-776d-4567-9e62-25ebd2549d77">Re: Same-sex legal ceremony MA & Symbolic ceremony in???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just wanted to say congrats on doing the Massachusetts same sex wedding thing! I hope more states finally get with the program!
    Posted by nantucketirish[/QUOTE]

Thank You so much! I am excited and yes I also can not wait for other states to get it together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards