Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Polynesian Cultural Center... Another Hawaii Question :)

Hi ladies,

I've read so many mixed reviews, please help.  What exactly is the cultural center all about?  I want to see a good Luau!  I've read the ambassador's package is the way to go bc of the food?  Then the Ali' something pkg is also great... it seems like its an all day thing.  You watch the canoe parade, then see the "Ha" show and then the Luau is the last show you watch, is that correct?  Please let me know if it is truly worth spending a whole entire day at this place and what we should or should not see.  What is the food like?  The reviews are extremely mixed about that! 

Thanks so much!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Polynesian Cultural Center... Another Hawaii Question :)

• Options
    I really enjoyed the Cultural Center when I went. I could've spent two days there just visting the different exhibits.  We visited the different exhibits, then we went to the Laua,and then to the show. (I think the show was the best part.) This was a few years ago, so I hope much hasn't changed.
  • Options

Im taking a Perillo tour, where the best things are planned out for us. Looks like we are doing the one at the cultural center, but in Maui we are doing a "Drums of the Pacific"?  Here's the link to see what our tour is planning (may help)
    http://www.perillotours.com/hawaii/tours-of-hawaii/index.html

• Options
    I went to PCC several years ago and really enjoyed the day there. The night show was great.
  • Options
    We bought some Hawaii coupon book that had 2 for 1 admissions into the Cultural center.  The book was like $13, but it ended up saving us over $50 using just that one coupon (admission is pretty pricey).  Other than that, I enjoyed the PCC and is definitely worth checking out.

Also, FI's parents did the luau there on a previous trip and said the food was decent, but like PP's have said, it's Mormon run so there is no alcohol, they don't even serve soda, tea, or coffee because they have caffeine.  If that's an issue for you, then definitely do a different luau.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hello! I lived on Oahu for a few months for work and went to the culture center. It was wonderful! it is an all day thing and the luau is most certainly the best on the island! the whole center is a series of stations that have activities to do, things you can make or demonstrations to watch! it is tons of fun! the canoe parade is made up of floating bamboo barges that represent each of the Polynesian islands and demonstrate their unique dance styles... very nice and you will want to get a good spot early to make sure you can see it all. the luau is really good and the fire show at night is something you don't want to miss. you could go elsewhere for a luau but the food served will always be the same foods (its up to you if you like that kind of food) and the shows will never be as good! I hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions! I can give you tons of things that are worth seeing!
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the advice.  With all the mixed reviews, I was getting nervous that we may go and be bored.  I was wondering if it was more childish than fun for adults.  Does it cost to do the activities there or is that all included in the main price?  I've heard they have a couple different restaurants there too if you do not buy a pkg with the buffett.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    its definitely for young and old alike and everything is included with your admission. I'm in my 30's and i had a blast! I also like to party with the best of them so if drinks are important then this may not be the place for you.... but it really is more about learning about the culture and people... the luau and night show at the end are just a bonus!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards