Hawaii

Watanabe Floral, Oahu

(Geez, now that I've loaded Firefox exclusively for the knot, I'm a posting fool! Thanks Alyson....)

I didn't mention Watanabe in my vendor reviews, because I was waiting to see how they resolved a small issue I had. I'm happy to say they done good! Smile

My mom and I went there to purchase my wedding flowers (my mom used to work in a floral shop, so that was DIY). Their store was heaven to us Alaskans - flowers of all kind on the floor, in wall coolers, and in a walk-in cooler. They also had a "tropical" section (monstera leaves, birds of paradise, etc.), a cooler full of leis to choose from, a huge orchid selection, flower heads for the flower girl - it was literally one-stop shopping, and we were very happy.

I noticed later that I'd been charged $9.99 each for green cymbidium orchids, when they were priced at $3.99 each in the store. I sent them an email, and it took about a week, but they did respond and were so nice - I have a refund of $70 coming my way. A drop in the bucket as far as wedding costs go, but I think it says a lot about their customer service.

Re: Watanabe Floral, Oahu

• edited December 2011
    Money back = SCORE!  That's really great that they came through without you having to hassle with them much.

It seems like they have done well in the past, so it's good to know that the reputation still stands!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am glad to hear that everything worked out. 

How far in advance did you place an order for your flowers? Or did you just go into the shop and picked up what was available?  I'm leaning towards checking out/possibly ordering bulk flowers a week before my wedding and picking up a day or two beforehand. 

Ally
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad it all worked out for you...hey a refund is a refund...and yes i feel ya about being in hawaii right now...i sooo wish! J. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Ally,
    I didn't order ahead, we just walked in and started loading up our carts. Being from Alaska, any flower is a good flower, so I didn't have anything specific in mind (EXCEPT for the green cymbidium orchids).

They have contact info on their website ( here is the link), and consultants specifically for weddings. If you're wanting a specific flower, it'd be a good idea to call further ahead than even a week, in case they have to order it. One of the ladies there said even Hawaii has flower seasons, which I hadn't thought about.

ALSO - in case you didn't already know this, Costco has $100 gift cards for Watanabe's for only $80 each.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girl, I appreciate your input.  Happy Holidays!
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards