New York-Hudson Valley

Silver Star Limo Operating License Suspended

So I've seen lots of the ladies on here recommend Silver Star Limo for transportation. I just read in Metro this morning that Silver Star, among several other companies, has had their operating license suspended for repeatedly violating safety regulations. Scary!

Re: Silver Star Limo Operating License Suspended

• edited December 2011
    What??? Has anyone else heard anything about this? I am using them in 2 weeks!!! Yikes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lauracas2Lauracas2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Many ladies have recommeded this company because Silver Star deserves it! They have not been suspended! Read the article more carefully! It does not say that they are suspended. My husband and I have used this company for several events and recommended them to countless friends of ours. We know they would never want to jeopardize their business. 

Our family and bridal party had a spectacular time in their limousines and party buses on our wedding day only two weeks ago (7.16.11)! The vehicles were immaculate, even early, and the drivers were very experienced and professional. We would recommend this company to everyone for a memorable and amazing experience. 

So I wouldn't worry! 

• edited December 2011
    I read this article last night, but unfortunately at 10:00 there wasn't much i could do. I will definitely be calling them today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_silver-star-limo-operating-license-suspended?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:71a7ed5b-5fd4-4404-941b-c53809601b00Post:7c8478a2-8cc4-4a90-9233-cd7ee151d50b">Re: READ CAREFULLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Many ladies have recommeded this company because Silver Star deserves it!  They have not been suspended! Read the article more carefully!
    Posted by Lauracas2[/QUOTE]

I was not trying to cause an uproar, just wanted to pass along what I thought would be helpful info. The article in Metro yesterday morning did in fact state that Silver Star's operating license is suspended. Seems very odd that the owners of these companies say they haven't been made aware of the suspensions yet and don't know what they are about. I was/am considering using Silver Star myself, so I'm very interested to see what comes of this situation.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If what some of the articles I read said are true, this seems very political. Now he could totally be lying, but the owner of Silver Star said they passed their last 2 inspections. If that's the case, it seems ridiculous to suspend their license for issues in the past - KWIM?

I also read somewhere that this will end up in court and they'll be able to continue operating while it's all sorted out.
    imageimageimage
  • vsantos6vsantos6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Those ladies were all correct in recommending Silver Star Limousine. My family and I have used their services for over a decade now and we would continue to recommend them to anyone. Silver Star truly helped me achieve my fairy tale wedding with their unbelievable vehicles. If you are looking for quality, reliability, and honesty Silver Star Limousine is the company for you! That is why blogs like these are so important. They allow "real" people to share their opinions, experiences and recommendations, while opening a world of opportunities for businesses. Unfortunately, it can also have an adverse affect. When people prematurely make assumptions without hearing the full story or state the unknown before waiting to see how something actually unfolds.  

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_silver-star-limo-operating-license-suspended?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:71a7ed5b-5fd4-4404-941b-c53809601b00Post:ee2a9591-3dfb-4880-8dd6-78e9c70657da">Re: Silver Star Limo Operating License Suspended</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those ladies were all correct in recommending Silver Star Limousine. My family and I have used their services for over a decade now and we would continue to recommend them to anyone. Silver Star truly helped me achieve my fairy tale wedding with their unbelievable vehicles. If you are looking for quality, reliability, and honesty Silver Star Limousine is the company for you! That is why blogs like these are so important. They allow "real" people to share their opinions, experiences and recommendations, while opening a world of opportunities for businesses. Unfortunately, it can also have an adverse affect. When people prematurely make assumptions without hearing the full story or state the unknown before waiting to see how something actually unfolds.     
    Posted by vsantos6@aol.com[/QUOTE]

I don't think any prematurely made assumptions have been made here. It's certainly relevant to the ladies on this board, who use/are considering using Silver Star (or other companies that may be facing suspension of their operating licenses) to hear what's going on with the company. If the company has their operating license suspended, that may affect individuals who have already booked with them. And even if their license is not suspended, but they have been cited for repeated safety violations, I think that is certainly relevant for potential customers to know as well. No one is saying Silver Star is an awful company and that no one should book with them. As you mentioned, we shall see how the situation unfolds.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_silver-star-limo-operating-license-suspended?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:71a7ed5b-5fd4-4404-941b-c53809601b00Post:e8d1912d-ee8b-4178-a82e-5e43c3865eca">Re: Silver Star Limo Operating License Suspended</a>:
    [QUOTE]If what some of the articles I read said are true, this seems very political. Now he could totally be lying, but the owner of Silver Star said they passed their last 2 inspections. If that's the case, it seems ridiculous to suspend their license for issues in the past - KWIM? I also read somewhere that this will end up in court and they'll be able to continue operating while it's all sorted out.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

I agree that if they are operating safely now and passed their last inspections that it would be kind of stupid and pointless to suspend their license now for past issues that have been resolved. I'm very interested to see how this unfolds.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually called them yesterday because I am using them in September.

They could not have been more assuring on the phone.
    They said that any violations they had were so minor that the DOT did not even call to contact them,  They found out via the news as well.

She said there is a court date on Friday and that she is not concerned for it all. 

I am not too worried- I use them for transportation to the airport when I travel for work and have always been pleased with their service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Very interesting. Seems there is more to the story than what's being reported...  If the folks at Silver Star are telling the truth, I'm sure there are many more companies that have "very minor" violations. I wonder why these particular 8 companies are the only ones facing suspension?
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about it but some of the comments on here are certainly suspicious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_silver-star-limo-operating-license-suspended?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:71a7ed5b-5fd4-4404-941b-c53809601b00Post:9709bdb7-cbc2-49d0-86d2-261acc6055d0">Re: Silver Star Limo Operating License Suspended</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know anything about it but some of the comments on here are certainly suspicious.
    Posted by probablykate[/QUOTE]

I agree.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_silver-star-limo-operating-license-suspended?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:71a7ed5b-5fd4-4404-941b-c53809601b00Post:9709bdb7-cbc2-49d0-86d2-261acc6055d0">Re: Silver Star Limo Operating License Suspended</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know anything about it but some of the comments on here are certainly suspicious.
    Posted by probablykate[/QUOTE]

<div> i third that! News12?? sounds kind of funny.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I called there today and Mario assured me that everything is ok and will be ok the day of my wedding.  I think a lot of the information has probably been twisted a bit by the media, as it usually is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lauracas2Lauracas2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes you're exactly right it is a safety issue but by emphasizing how professional and reliable the company is should put those who are worried at ease. A company that has a great reputation like Silver Star wouldn't be running a business unsafely. 
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m a little late in posting, but I just wanted to say that I would definitely recommend Silver Star regardless of the recent news.  If you took a look at all companies, you would find that they all have violations of some sort.  

I used Silver Star, my cousin used Silver Star, my two friends used Silver Star, and we were all VERY happy with them.  (One friend just used them 2 weeks ago).  

(I agree that it does seem as though people are coming out of nowhere to defend or to put down Silver Star, which is odd, but perhaps they have been lukers for all this time.  I can vouch for vsantos... she's my cousin!).

Hopefully this was all sorted out by now!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They are a great company! I have used them several times before and I am using them for my wedding in September. I spoke with the owner today, everything is fine just the media as usual blowing everything out of proportion. They have a great name and someone's probably just trying to steal some clients. No worries ladies!
    *Dana*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards