New Jersey
Options

Suggestions..

My fiancé and I became engaged a month ago. We have been looking at different venues online and intend to start visiting certain ones soon. We found one that blew us away, Bonnet Island Estate in LBI, NJ. We were convinced that this was OUR place and then we saw the rate to rent the estate. We were deflated, to say the least ,when we saw the price. It's way too expensive but we absolutely love the rustic, beachy, classy vibe of the boathouse chapel and reception hall.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions that are somewhat similiar to BIE? We would love a place that doesnt require such an expensive rental fee for the day. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Re: Suggestions..

• Options
    Isn't that place beautiful?  Its no wonder it is so expensive.  I about died when I saw the prices for the space rental.  All that and no food or drink included.

I just started looking for places.  I just got engaged on Christmas.  Came across a pinterest page that listed NJ Venues that were unique and some had similiar charm to that of Bonnet
  • Options
    I got married at Clarks Landing in Pt Pleasant and can not say enough about the venue, the staff, the food, everything!  The elegance of the venue blew us away the first time we went to visit, and when we compared cost to a lot of the other venues we visited, felt we were getting a better deal because they include so much in their package.  We got married on site at the venue- they have a beautiful space with a view of the Manasquan River.  It may not be rustic, but it is definitely gorgeous.  Our guests are still raving about it.  PM me if you'd like more info.   
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Kinda off topic, but how did Bonnet Island fair after Hurricane Sandy? Our beach home in LBI was flooded very badly, as was all of our neighbors' and almost all surrounding businesses. We don't think we will see a summer 2013 on LBI, which is really sad, because of all the construction that needs to be done (and even if we were back, will everything else be back?)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards