Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP?

Are you a dog or cat person?

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat):

Have you ever been to the pound?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? Nope, because it's TACKY!
    Are you a dog or cat person? OMG, I love kitties, but I am allergic. It's a recent thing too....so I guess I'm a dog person.
    Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat):Cats Don't Dance
    Have you ever been to the pound? Yes, we used to go as a family and pick out our new pet.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    No, but I think it would be cute.

Definitely a cat person.

Homeward Bound (I know the cat shares the spotlight with dogs, but it's the first that came to mind).

Yes, I got a cat and dog from there once (at different tiems though).
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? No.  I love my dog but the most involvement she will have may be pictures beforehand.

Are you a dog or cat person? I used to be a cat person.  Now I have a miniature pinscher.  She is so smart and sweet, definitely switched to dog person.  I don't like big smelly drooling ones though.

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): Aristocats

Have you ever been to the pound? Yes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, it was a beach wedding and the dog was taken back to the couples house immediately after pictures.

I'm both but we have a cat.  They're so much easier to take care of than dogs.

Garfield

Yes, but I hate going.  I hate seeing all the cats and dogs just waiting for you to pick them.  I usually end up crying because I can't take them all home.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? No, but my sister and brother in law's dog was at their wedding ceremony.  She stood politely, took pictures afterwards, etc...  It really wasn't a big deal.  At all.

Are you a dog or cat person? Doggie.

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): The Opposites Attract video by Paula Abdul.  It's movie-ish.

Have you ever been to the pound? Nope.
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? Nope.

Are you a dog or cat person? Both.  I used to have a dog when I was a kid, but now we only have cats.

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): Oliver and Company

Have you ever been to the pound? No

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP?No

Are you a dog or cat person?Both, but I secretly love my kitty more. Well, okay, it's not really a secret.

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat):Hocus Pocus! It's so cheesy, but I love Binx and wanted to get a black cat and name it after him. He's human at the very beginning and very end, but cat for 90%, so I think it counts.

Have you ever been to the pound?Yes, when we first started looking for a dog and I played with all the little kittens because they were so cute!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    No

Cats, definitely, but I love dogs too.

Bolt.  I know that Bolt is the main character, but the cat plays a pretty big roll too. :)

: /  FI and I adopted two kittens from a no kill shelter last fall.  I wanted to adopted from the local kill shelter, but I just couldn't bring myself to go there because I knew I would be so so sad about all the kitties that I could not take home.  The no kill shelter does rescue animals from the kill shelter so by adopting our two kittens, we freed up room for two more kitties to come there.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Ever been to a wedding with dogs? No, but I wouldn't mind at all.

Dog or cats? All animals really but I love dogs the most!

A movie where the cat is the main character (don't repeat)?  Dogs and Cats. I know the puppy is the main character but the cat is the evil villian and plays a huge roll also.

Ever been to the pound? I donate money and I drop by there to drop off newspapers and other supplies but I don't go in because I know I can't take them home. It breaks my heart to know that they are there and I can't give all of them a forever home.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? Nope.

Are you a dog or cat person? Both. I know, it's a copout. You can't make me choose!

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): That Darn Cat

Have you ever been to the pound? Yep. The APL has cat lofts here and they encourage people to come and hang out with the animals. They're just rooms filled with kitties waiting for snuggles. That's how I want to die: snuggled to death by kitties and puppies.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-157?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7b966c62-54fb-4d3e-ae0a-97366818e1e4Post:db7c95a6-f14f-4e9f-918a-a35adfd120de">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE] The APL has cat lofts here and they encourage people to come and hang out with the animals. They're just rooms filled with kitties waiting for snuggles. That's how I want to die: snuggled to death by kitties and puppies.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome!!!!! I would be there everyday if we had something like that here. That is how I want to die too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP?  no, but my bff had an afterparty at her parents' house, and their dog was there.  He had such a great time. 

Are you a dog or cat person? dog person - I'm allergic to cats

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): Thomasina

Have you ever been to the pound? yup.  That's where we got the dog I had when I was growing up.  FI and I went about 6 months ago when we were thinking about getting a dog, but we decided against it b/c of space.
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP?: No

Are you a dog or cat person?: Dog

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): I can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned.

Have you ever been to the pound?: Yup, plenty of times. That's where I got my dog.
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? Uh nope...
    Are you a dog or cat person? cat, definitely...even though I'm terribly allergic haha
    Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): An American Tail...I know it's about a mouse, but I LOVE Tiger...Dom DeLuise was a comic genius!
    Have you ever been to the pound? I've had to go with a friend to drop a stray cat at the ARL...
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? No

Are you a dog or cat person? Dog

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): Felix the Cat

Have you ever been to the pound? No
  • Options
    No

I love both!  But I can't have a cat right now because my FI is allergic. :-(

Milo and Otis

No, I would probably cry.  I want to take them all home!  I have been to the SPCA and that was hard enough!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP?  Nope.

Are you a dog or cat person?  Cat, though I like dogs too.  DH wants a wolf once we have a house with enough land for it.

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat):  The Lion King.  What?  They're cats.

Have you ever been to the pound?  A lot as a kid, all of our pets came from there.  Once my ancient cat finally kicks it (he's about 18 or 19), we'll get a kitten from a shelter.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    No, but BF's ex-wife's sister just got married and one of our friends was in the wedding.  The other sister decided she wasn't coming, her barrel racing was more important, so our friend had to walk a dog down the aisle instead.

I love my kitty.  But I want a dog.  I like when dogs are trained and well behaved.  I hate when people don't train them.  Same as with their kids

I can't think of a movie, but tv show Sabrina the Teenage Witch

I used to work at a pound.  It sucked!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? No. I don't think it's tacky, and I do think it can work, but it takes very specific circumstances.

Are you a dog or cat person? Dog all the way.

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): Damn, Milo and Otis was mine, and I was so excited no one had said it yet! Instead, I say Lion King...technically lions are cats.

Have you ever been to the pound? No. We rescued our dog off the street though, and I would go to the pound in the US to get another dog in the future.
  • Options
    Eff, Aerin beat me while I was typing mine. I give up.
  • Options
    haha, so many good cat movies. I totally forgot about the 9 lives of Thomasina. That movie used to make me cry.

Whoever said Homeward Bound, the cat's name is Sassy!

Waltzing Matilda, I used to LOVE Hocus Pocus. Binx totally counts. "I Put a Spell on You..." So great! I love Bette Midler.

Frogurt, I liked Mittens. That movie was cute!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Have you ever been to a wedding where dogs were in the WP? No!

Are you a dog or cat person? I'm a "four footed critter" person, I like 'em all.

Name a movie where a cat is a main character(don't repeat): Aristocats.  Haven't read the other responses.

Have you ever been to the pound?  No, but yes to animal shelter.  My cat came from one.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    No

Dog but I do animal rescue for Columbus Dog Connection and recently took in a kitty to foster now too
    Topcat

Yes and to "the back room" please people spay and neuter....they all don't get happy endings and it is heartbreaking!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards