Delaware
Options

Alterations Recommendations

Hi everyone, this will be my first post on these boards.

I am getting married 11/17 at Rockwood Carriage House.

Since I am nearing the 3 month mark its time to make an appointment for alterations.  My dress was a sample dress and needs to be taken in maybe 2 sizes, it also needs to be significantly shortened (I'm 5'3")

Does anyone have any recommendations for alterations or a seamstress in either the Wilmington or Newark area?  I'd really appreciate it!  Thanks!

Re: Alterations Recommendations

• Options
    I had alterations done to 2 dresses at A Stitch in Time on Philadelphia Pike in North Wilmington.  I haven't had any bridal stuff done there, but the price was really reasonable, the work was done well and timely, and the lady was really nice.  I think her name is Judy.  I saw some bridal gowns while I was in there so I know she does bridal alterations.
  • Options
    Thanks!  I spoke with Judy today and will take my dress into her soon.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_alterations-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:77Discussion:5ee96858-5f9c-4674-adc4-ab52b3d1d0c7Post:a930527a-b726-48fc-9c06-f2755cebf46b">Re: Alterations Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had alterations done to 2 dresses at A Stitch in Time on Philadelphia Pike in North Wilmington.  I haven't had any bridal stuff done there, but the price was really reasonable, the work was done well and timely, and the lady was really nice.  I think her name is Judy.  I saw some bridal gowns while I was in there so I know she does bridal alterations.
    Posted by gmcr78[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards