March 2013 Weddings
Options

Blessing at Reception

Hey ladies- I was going to post this on the Catholic board but I think I would get attacked at the thought of not having a blessing... haha so I am seeing what you all think.

I just spoke to the Priest who is marrying FI and I next month and he will not be able to attend the reception, thus cannot give the blessing before dinner. I don't think either of our parent's feel comfortable speaking in front of such a large group of people, so I don't know who else would do a blessing. It seems odd to not have one after we just came from a full Catholic mass, but do any of you think it would okay to just skip the blessing and go to speeches? Anyone else not doing a blessing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Blessing at Reception

• Options
    We aren't doing one but we aren't having a religious ceremony. If we were to do one, I would probably ask my grandpa. Do you have any grandparents or other family members that might be willing to do it? Otherwise I don't think it would be a huge deal to not have it if it's not something that's super important to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I was the MOH in a Catholic wedding but myself, not catholic didn't feel comfortable giving the blessing.  The brides brother gave the blessing in my place though.
    Hope that helps!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the replies! I think you're right, we should probably try to think of someone else who might want to do it and if not, we'll just pass on it. I'm not sure many of our guests would notice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards