Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Lilac's Flowers

Perhaps in response to the fact this business received #1 in a local survey the owner takes forever to respond to a request for information. She previously had good reviews...A phone number is provided on her website, but she does not return the call instructing you to contact her via e-mail...so minimal communication on her end.  I e-mailed twice before she responded as well as leaving a phone message. Upon connecting she wants to know the size (how much $???) before she'll allow you to know her availability.

Re: Lilac's Flowers

• edited December 2011
    she is a phenomenal florist...realllllllllllllllllllly good at what she does and this is a busy time for her.  
    She also limits herself to a wedding a day so she has a minimum size and cost range...

As far as the communication I can say she gets totally focused on the weeks work and stays that way... Not everybody is good at everything and paperwork is the opposite of the creativite nature she enlists.  

So, be patient if the flowers are the most important thing...and yes, you will need to drop a few bucks.  

• edited December 2011
    go with meredith fancy. she also devotes herself to your wedding - no matter how small. she works within your budget and does amazing work. She is also very responsive and will set up a timeline with you for touching base in the weeks leading up to the wedding. 

don't mess around with vendors who are hard to get in touch with (you don't need that stress when wedding-planning - we had that issue with our musicians).  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having the worst time finding a responsive florist. I just e-mailed Meredith Fancy and am hoping to have better luck.

I don't understand it. I realize it's their busy season, but..to take weeks and weeks to return a call/e-mail is just bizarre to me. I'm beginning to think they just don't need my business I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't be so precious ... creativity and bookwork don't always go together...be patient.  The good ones don't necessarily spend all their time on the computer or phone. 
  • edited December 2011

I'm not asking anyone to spend all their time on the phone or computer, but I don't see why it's so hard to get information on what things cost? You know? I met with one florist who said she'd email a proposal in ten days. Great, except that meeting happened over a month ago now. I tried being patient, I waited a month (so, 30 days instead of 10 days) and then I called and left a VM to follow up - and no response. At the end of the day, it's still a business, and it seems a strange way to run things.

Case in point - I drove down to the Cape this past weekend to meet a florist for an appt we had set up - and guess what? No one was there when I arrived. Which was great considering its an hour and a half drive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards