Illinois-Chicago

Slideshows?

Who is doing it?  Do you think it's worth the time?  And how did you create yours?

Re: Slideshows?

• edited December 2011
    My future father in law created one for us in power point.  My reception venue has a projector we are using.  I do think it's worth the time, it has turned out really cute and will be played during our cocktail hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine offered to make it & she'll be using iMovie. We plan on showing ours at the Rehearsal Dinner.
  • angantonioangantonio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My finance created one on our Mac in iMovie.  If you have a Mac it's super easy. But I'm sure there is an equivalent version on PCs.   It turned out great.  It was definitely worth the time.  I would plan a couple months to get it made since you'll need to collect pictures, scan in ones that were developed with the old film cameras, pick music, etc. 

Good luck and enjoy. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm making ours using a program I bought (pretty much the windows video thing - but ours doesn't work!)...I find it very easy (you just drag the picture down!) and REALLY enjoy it! But yeah - it definitely takes A LOT of time!
  • ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will probably do ours myself but I did one for my MOH's wedding last year using powerpoint and mixing the music with Audacity (free program online). It turned out really well and it was not too hard. The most time consuming was getting the music to be on key. I've heard the Mac program is great!
    I def think it's worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't do one, but made a photo guestbook instead, which I think was a nice alternative, our RD wasn't great for a slide show so I thought that worked out as a substitute. I like them though
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards