Students

Head... Meet Desk... (rant)

So I'm taking an online course this quarter (Educational Psychology). Its a recommended course for my school psychology graduate school track.

This class will be the death of me! Each week (10 weeks) has an assignment we have to download and complete and resubmit in word. As the "assigment" actually has like 3 or 4 assignments (some are research papers!). Please for each book chapter (16 chapters) we have to do a multiple choice quiz, a short answer quiz, an essay quiz, and 4 portfolio questions. This class will be the death of me! I've been pulling all nighters for a week straight (going onto week 2!) to get this stuff done! I'm also taking a 400 level sociology class (which requires like 4 reading assignments per class which meets twice a week), another psychology class that has an assignment based on the reading due twice a week plus and intro to teacher ed which requires 6 assignments per week! Plus I do a psychology study working with ADHD middle schools at a school that's an hour away so I'm in a car for 4 hours a week and doing the study 5 hours a week! And trying to get all this work done has gotten me suspended at work because of tardiness.

Sorry... I just needed to rant. I'm also sorry if this doesn't make any sense... It's midnight and I'm exhausted.

Re: Head... Meet Desk... (rant)

• Did you explain to your boss why you were late? I think it's a little unfair that he/she has suspended you. I think you have a pretty reasonable explaination.
    Also, I understand your frustration. I'm taking some pretty time-consuming classes this semester as well. It's as if professors don't understand that we have other commitments and classes. haha. It's unfortunate...but it's something that we have to do. It's exhausting but it will be so worth it in the end. Keep your eyes on the prize! Goodluck! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Well your boss certainally has a right to suspend you if you are not showing up for work on time.  However, do you normally take 3 classes?  Are you a full-time or part-time grad student?  I am working two jobs, planning a wedding, and taking two classes for my grad program.  I feel like a third class might push me over the edge.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I honestly would quit the job. You obviously don't have time for it, and it's not fair to your boss. I know how tight money can get, but I only work 4 months out of the year and am not in debt from school or wedding planning. I work road construction and get $20/h for sitting on an upturned 5-gallon pail working a sign all day and writing down licence plates of people that can't drive within the law (10-14 hours). Easy work and great paycheques. Don't try to do everything at once. It won't work and isn't working.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards