Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Dress Cleaning

I just finished up with my bridal portraits and need to get my dressed cleaned before the wedding. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or good experiences to offer?

Re: Dress Cleaning

• msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used Eagle Cleaners (Marsh and Walnut Hill) to clean my dress after the wedding.  They were recommended by Terry Costa.  My dress wasn't too dirty, but definitely lots of staind around the bottom.  They did a fantastic job cleaning, were easy to speak to, explain what was needed, and great to work with!  PRices seemed similr to what I've heard others say:

$150 cleaning
    $250 cleaning & preserving
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of digging around to find a good one.

I went to the dry cleaners around the corner from where I live. I brought my dress in and he looked at the beading and lace appliques and the dirty bottom and said that he can clean it. He got my phone number and said if he could not clean it, due to the beading or whatever, he would call me and let me know and he wouldn't clean it.

I got it back about 2 1/2 weeks later and it's perfect! He waited until I picked it up to put it back in the garment bag. When he hung the dress up, he stuffed it so that it kept it shape in the bodice and and bottom part.

The shop's name is Market Cleaners in Irving off of N. Macarthur and Northgate. He charged me $100. I highly recommend him!
  • edited December 2011
    "Market Cleaners in Irving off of N. Macarthur and Northgate"

i used to use them, when i worked across the street, and always really liked the service. i never had anything as important as a wedding gown done, but the fact that he was willing to say "no i can't" if it wasn't going to work speaks well i think.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i live in irving-- are you talking about the market cleaners that is next to tom thumb? i think that i will go there for mine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dress-cleaning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0ebf33e7-01d3-4ae2-b7e9-ab4fad2dfbd8Post:30b4407b-ca6b-46d5-99fd-de1a06372b67">Re: Dress Cleaning</a>:
    [QUOTE]i live in irving-- are you talking about the market cleaners that is next to tom thumb? i think that i will go there for mine!
    Posted by carmen9311[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is the place. I talked to the older gentleman, I think he is the owner and his children run/work there. It'se between Tom Thumb and the pizza place. Tell him he was recommended and see what he says.
  • edited December 2011
    Just don't use Vogue Cleaners off Northwest Highway...ugh.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards