Students

Any cures for my senioritis?

It's my last semester of school and I am so ready to be out. (give it a year then I'll be begging to get back in) But I am becoming so lazy, its almost embarassing. I also hold down a job in sales (ugh.....quotas & comission) so I'm always tired. Until today, I was also doing an internship, but I quit because I'm falling behind in school. Plus I have a problem with cutting class in general and my room looks like a tornado hit it. I'm hoping that by not doing the internship anymore, I will have a little free time now. But is anyone else going through this senioritis issue? Any remedies? Should I just have my MOH slap me and say "Snap Out Of It Woman!!" ?

Re: Any cures for my senioritis?

• Gah doesn't it stink so much having to not only deal with the classes and the homework but having to work on top of that?  School is a job on its own!  I feel you, after this semester I have a few summer class and then one semester to go and I've been in an internship since June and work maybe one or two days a week at a Dairy Queen.  I think that all the working really does have a lot to do with senioritis symptoms because you just feel too overwhelmed to even THINK about accomplishing anything.  I think that dropping your internship will hopefully work out for you!  I'm banking on that too when mine ends this summer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    You have got alot on your plate.  I know I did the same thing when I was getting my first bachelor, I had two part time jobs, an internship and 18 credit hours during my senior year and I don't know what the hell was I thinking?!?  Most of the senioritis comes from just having too much on your plate.  I think since you lightened the load by taking off the internship, it might give you more time to concentrate on other stuff.  Good Luck and its only 2 more months to go!!
  • I'm feeling the same. I work as much as I possibly can (about 25-30 hours a week) have a full load of classes, and I intern as much as I can too.
    I know it will pay off in the end though. For credit, we only have to have 150 hours in an internship, and I am thisclose to being done. Less than 25 hours left. I've been interning on average 10-15 hours a week since sometime in January.
    Pretty much, this semester its been all about how much I can gogogo. But I've got less than 2 weeks in my internship left (afterwards, I will have so much more free time!), my hours at work are getting cut beginning this week too. Which sucks a lot being that I live on my own and need the money, but the free time will be nice. AND I've got about 5 weeks until I walk :)
    After that, 2 summer classes and I will have my BA in hand!
    Then, I will be researching graduate degrees...probably next year sometime I think I'm going to start on my MA. Or if I'm very brave, my MFA.
    Good luck! You'll make it through! Just think about HOW CLOSE you are!
    I know that helps me keep going!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes - steal away!  It's nice to see the days tick off until graduation!

Good luck to all of you who have a whole lot going on.  It really will pay off in the end.  Or it better pay off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am still suffering and I graduated from college in 2006!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Agreed! I'm definitely suffering from senioritis myself. Creating a graduation countdown is a really good idea! Keep your eyes on the prize. :) 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_cures-senioritis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:a8e3f8a3-0eca-45a5-bbb6-d97f80d4ca2dPost:ee12d5bc-23a0-4149-8c16-c39be050d4de">Re: Any cures for my senioritis?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed! I'm definitely suffering from senioritis myself. Creating a graduation countdown is a really good idea! Keep your eyes on the prize. :) 
    Posted by ver1256[/QUOTE]
    I will! Summer school is bad for my complexion! :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards