Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

Hi,

My MIL and I are trying to research some places for a rehersal dinner. Our ceremony is at St. Paul's Cathedral in Oakland, so it would be ideal to stay around Pittsburgh, however we realize it might be more expensive in town. Does anyone know a decently priced restaurant to have the dinner? My MIL doesn't want to spend alot of money, and I don't want her to either. Maybe something on McKnight Road, Route 8, North Hills, or in the city would be fine .

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Our ceremony is at Heinz Chapel and we just found a place for the rehearsal... it's actually harder than I thought it would be!  Our rehearsal will be at Sausalido in Bloomfield. They have an upstairs that holds 40 people. It'll be $40/person including tax/tip.  And it's BYOB so you can bring your own wine, beer or whatever you like. The owner Nick is very nice and I think their food is amazing.

Other locations close by are Cafe Sam on Baum (decor is a little dated, but the food is great).  For the city, places like Lidia's in the Strip or Six Penn Kitchen are options that have a separate space, but depending on the menu, can get pricey. And I know Lidia's has a minimum spend you have to hit depending on the day of the week.

Hope that helps, good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As of now, we are using Primantis in the strip. They have a full bar and folks order off the menu. It should be around $10/person or so. IMO $40/person seems high. Do you have a budget in mind?
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what type of atmosphere you are looking for, but we used Hemingway's right in Oakland (rehearsal was at Heinz Chapel, guests were staying at the Wyndham). We wanted something very casual & not overly expensive, and this was perfect. Just about every meal (maybe every meal?) on the menu is under $10, and they have a lot of drink specials too.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011

I actually just contacted hemingways to get some info last night. Do you have any pictures from yours? i've never been there so i have no idea what it looks like. I want it to be nice but relaxing at the same time. The wedding is in august so i have a while, I'm just trying to get ideas because it will be here before I know it!

Thanks all!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I have any pictures but I can tell you the back room where we were is fairly non-descript. In general, it's a bar, it has your typical bar decorations and photos on the wall. Smile

If you're going for "nice," this probably isn't what you're looking for. GL!

Vacation

• Options
    strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My sister & BIL got married at St. Paul's.  Their RD was at Bucca Di Beppo's in Station Square.
  • Options
    missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the Original Oyster House in market square.  It was incredible, the staff there was amazing to work with.

Because most of our guests stayed at the Fairmont and were from OOT, we wanted to do something walkable - and much less formal. 

We did the reheasal dinner with families and wedding party in their dining area, and then hosted a welcome reception (drinks) immediately following in their bar (all our wedding guest were invited to this).  All in, I think it was maybe $2000 for 60 people for dinner, and about 100 people afterward for drinks (2-3 hours and LOTS of drinks). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards